2016 NFL Season

Schlitzbrille

What a bizarre day. Arizona blows out the promising Bucs. Browns blew a first quarter 20-0 lead. The Pats are now starting their third string quarterback. San Diego's defense gave up less points than they ever have. And the Rams won a game, despite not scoring a touchdown in the first eight quarters of the season.

• Like 1

Lady Gaga will be performing at the Superbowl halftime show

pretty weird week. some things never change though. s/o to the lolbrowns.

my giants go to 2-0. wow what a contrasting game from last year. they had a shootout with NO last year, this year its a defensive war and the giants come out on top thanks to blocking a field goal. so far i like the improvements on that defense.

What a crazy Sunday. We killed ourselves with penalties - we would have smashed them otherwise (THREE Tds called back for offensive pens...).

• Admin

Injuries!

• AP has a torn meniscus. Timetable for a return is uncertain, according to Mike Zimmer.
  • McCown down! Rookie Cody Kessler will start at QB for Cleveland against the Dolphins in Week 3.
  • Jimmy Garoppolo suffered a sprained AC joint and hopes to be back for Week 4.
  • Jonathan Stewart.is to miss 'a week or two' with a hamstring injury.
  • Danny Woodhead is out for the season with a torn ACL.
  • DeMarcus Ware suffered an ulna fracture near his elbow, Ian Rapoport reports Ware will miss at least three weeks.

• Admin

The Seattle Seahawks were once again penalized for violating NFL-NFLPA rules that prohibit excessive contact in all offseason workouts.

On Monday the NFL announced the team will be fined $400,000 and will forfeit its first week of 2017 organized team activities (three OTA days). Seattle will also forfeit its fifth-round selection in the 2017 draft. Coach Pete Carroll will be fined $200,000.

The NFL and NFLPA independently reviewed the Seahawks' June 6 on-field practice video and agreed the team violated the "no-live-contact" rule of the collective bargaining agreement.

The rule restricting excessive on-field physical contact during OTAs was put in place to enhance player safety by limiting contact during offseason workouts as well as an attempt to prevent teams from gaining a competitive advantage during summer months.

Seattle was previously fined $300,000 in 2014 and docked OTA sessions in 2012 for violating the non-contact rules.

In Monday's announcement the NFL also noted that any additional violations by the club will likely result in "significantly higher fines, the cancellation of future OTA days, minicamp days, preseason or regular season practices, as well as the forfeiture of higher-round or multiple draft selections."

For a team that consistently finds diamonds in the rough late in the draft, the forfeiture of a fifth-round pick will sting Carroll and general manager John Schneider.

5 minutes ago, Buschy Wonka said:

I genuinely wonder if the Browns will ever be good again.  Even in their last good year nearly a decade ago (10-6 in 2007) they failed to make the playoffs.

I want a Browns-Lions Super Bowl, but I don't see Hell freezing over any time soon.

If either team ever makes it to the game, I'll be for them. Unless the Browns are playing the Cowboys, that is.

• Like 3

I'll never forget losing a Super Bowl in Madden to the Browns once.  Blew a 2 score lead late, game went to OT, I missed a long FG, and they drove right down for their own winning field goal immediately after.

Normally I'd be pissed off at getting all the way there just to lose to the CPU.  But nope, just seeing brown and orange confetti falling and Colt McCoy shaking hands with Obama while holding up a Browns jersey made it worth it.  It was just a hilarious visual.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Buschy Wonka said:

I'll never forget losing a Super Bowl in Madden to the Browns once.  Blew a 2 score lead late, game went to OT, I missed a long FG, and they drove right down for their own winning field goal immediately after.

Normally I'd be pissed off at getting all the way there just to lose to the CPU.  But nope, just seeing brown and orange confetti falling and Colt McCoy shaking hands with Obama while holding up a Browns jersey made it worth it.  It was just a hilarious visual.

Did they beat the LOLJAGS to make the Super Bowl? :shifty: