2016 NFL Season

Schlitzbrille

Winning with Lindley on a weeks worth of prep would be hilarious. Edelman would probably be a better QB in the system but you're removing his contribution as a receiver with that.

Bellichick is just bored with winning the traditional way so he's just fucking about now. I truly pity the Browns when Brady returns and scorches the earth they stand upon!

• Like 1

It's amazing to me that a team like the Lions would be absolutely fucked if they lost Stafford. They'd be the worst team in the league.

The Pats on the other hand lose Brady, and you expect the 2nd stringer to keep them afloat. Instead he plays great and they keep winning. Then he gets hurt. Surely, they can't win with a third stringer? Nope, they fucking dominate. It doesn't matter. Incredible man. Makes ya wonder about Brady a bit, he's probably as good as his numbers indicate, but the Pats sure have done alright without him (Matt Cassell went 11-5 in NE, what did he do elsewhere?). Whatever they've got going on, the Lions need that.

• Like 1

I think someone like Flynn, who has managed to get some victories as a stand in at different teams, would be who they plump for. From what I gather though, they hope/expect Garoppolo to be well enough to suit up, even if he's limited. I suspected they'll hire a vet to be #2 and Edelman would be the 3rd option. 

4 hours ago, VerbalRick said:

It's amazing to me that a team like the Lions would be absolutely fucked if they lost Stafford. They'd be the worst team in the league.

The Pats on the other hand lose Brady, and you expect the 2nd stringer to keep them afloat. Instead he plays great and they keep winning. Then he gets hurt. Surely, they can't win with a third stringer? Nope, they fucking dominate. It doesn't matter. Incredible man. Makes ya wonder about Brady a bit, he's probably as good as his numbers indicate, but the Pats sure have done alright without him (Matt Cassell went 11-5 in NE, what did he do elsewhere?). Whatever they've got going on, the Lions need that.

Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl.

This is to say that QB is an extremely important position but a team can win if it has talent all around regardless of how good the QB. We've seen Brady do a lot of really incredible things that Garoppolo wouldn't be able to duplicate most likely. But we've also seen backups excel in the Pats system when needed. Since basically Robert Kraft bought the team they've always seemed to have a slew of talented players on defense. Offensively they weren't really there until Randy Moss showed up, the WR core for their first 3 titles wasn't that good. But, yeah, in the last 10 years where Brady might put up 40 or 50 TDs a lesser QB could still come in, throw 30, and win 10-11 games.

It sucks that they're so good.

• Like 2