2016 NFL Season

Schlitzbrille

10 hours ago, Maxx said:

And somehow he went all the way through waivers to get claimed by the fucking Patriots.

10 hours ago, Lineklaus said:

Fuck the Pats.

I want to be mad, but could only laugh when I heard the news - it's the most Pats thing ever.

Do we know if he's going to be suspended by the league? If not, NE just got some nice depth at WR...

Floyd has not had a good year at all, fallen off a cliff a bit and has become drop-prone. Add that to the DUI and there's no guarantee the Pats are going to get much out of him, but I do hope he picks his career up because I've always liked him as a player.

Them claiming Floyd definitely is one of the most Pats things ever.

Blount is still the one that pisses me off the most.  The guy was a fucking crybaby who walked out on his team to get himself fired, and his reward is being claimed by the Pats and being a key member of a Super Bowl winning team.  And according to Boston fans, Blount was owed redemption somehow.  If the roles were reversed and he'd walked out on the Pats they'd be openly rooting for an ACL tear.

• Like 1

I'm not sure you'll find a bigger Michael Floyd fan on the board than me. But I think the only way I'd hate this more would be if he had gone to the Raiders. 

On the flip side, maybe he'll pull a Randy Moss and he can get his shit turned around and tap into the potential we've all seen flashes of.

Man, I'm getting really tired of having to explain Los Angeles sports politics to people on reddit, and why the Chargers moving here is the single dumbest thing they could do that doesn't involve moving in with any other team. They're going to lose all their San Diego fans, because SD is our little brother and thus hates anything from LA, to move to a city that already has a team, and even that team has a smaller fanbase their than your main rivals!

Sounds great, who wouldn't want to do that?

They'll be stuck in LA for awhile too because moving out of that media market hurts the franchise value, even if they're poorly supported.

For a lot of the younger generation and people who have relocated to LA it'll be the first team that becomes regularly competitive that becomes "their" team, but a lot of people are already set in their ways with their teams. For example the first 2-3 seasons of Ravens football here saw half the crowd cheering for Pittsburgh whenever they played. I can only imagine a lot of LA will be cheering for the Raiders when they come to town to face the Chargers.

12 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Overpay for Mike Glennon or Tony Romo? Or draft an overrated college quarterback? The possibilities are endless!

Actually no, those are probably the most likely possibilities.

Barkley is looking ok. Do you think that could be a long term thing?