2016 NFL Season

Schlitzbrille

Absolutely piss poor officiating in this game.  Eagles got away with a blatant PI on 4th down.  But the Giants had their chances and Eli made too many mistakes, had OBJ in the end zone.  Ugh.

Oh well.  Still need 8 more games to go the wrong way to not make it.  Hopefully the Panthers or Saints can help the Giants out on Saturday.  No faith in the Vikings beating Green Bay on the road.  If the Giants haven't clinched by Monday the Cowboys may as well throw the game to Detroit.

I can't see much more than a first round exit out of this Giants team.  They just can't win on the road.  They have 3 road wins - Dallas Week 1 which was an eternity ago, London against the Rams which is a neutral site, and in Cleveland which was basically a Giants home game.  The last two Giants championship teams always upped their game on the road, actually seemed to be less pressure on them.  Still, I want them desperately to make it because I think it'd be an important step in their rebuild to at least get to January.

They have a defense that sure appears to be championship caliber and they're giving the offense chance after chance but they're just not cashing in on these opportunities.  It sucks because Eli's coming off of two of the best years of his career and now he just seems to be laboring out there.  He's got 2 years left of his deal but he turns 36 next month, they need to give serious consideration to drafting a QB and grooming him for the future.

3 hours ago, Meacon said:

I won $80 tonight, because this reeked of a game the Eagles were going to win and the Giants were going to lose. Eagles only win when people have no hope for them and Giants had to lose again because they're not a 12-4 team.

Me this morning "God damn we're playing the Giants"

Me when I get home from work "Holy shit we're killing the Giants!"

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lineklaus said:

Giants dressed as the Bills tonight. 

That's throwback Giants jersey and it's amazing ;) 

Image result for mark bavaro giants 

Too many mistakes by Eli and didn't deserve to win. More than likely still going to the play-offs anyway.

If that was roughing the passer by Vernon then they may as well put flags on the QB. The ball was still in his hand when he threw FFS!

21 hours ago, Meacon said:

Terrible, terrible, terrible decision.

NFL ratings are already down, because you're getting all NFL all the time. Now they want to tap into a league during the spring? Fuck that. That's baseball season.

Turns out it wasn't true anyway.

http://deadspin.com/espn-others-fall-for-bogus-information-about-nfl-sprin-1790423721

It is true that a spring league, called The Spring League and targeted at “players who may have been overlooked by the NFL, CFL and other professional football leagues,” will be starting in 2017. But it has no affiliation with the NFL and will not be limited to “veteran free agent” players. In fact, anyone who wants to pay the $350 application fee and submit a highlight reel can try to earn a spot, according to The Spring League website.

brb, putting my highlight reel together. :w00t:

• Like 1