2016 NFL Season

Schlitzbrille

23 minutes ago, Lineklaus said:

The AFC playoff field will probably now feature three backup quarterbacks in Oakland's Matt McGloin, Miami's Matt Moore and Houston's Tom Savage.

Oh good, the Patriots weren't going to have an easy enough time getting to the Super Bowl already.  

• Like 5

A great Christmas present is that win over the Seahawks, just a little something to smile about at the end of a frustrating season.

Carr's injury is really rough on the Raiders, big loss. What a story it would be if they somehow went deep without him, bet they'd have a lot of people behind them.

4 hours ago, damshow said:

Raiders were the ultimate feel good story this year, fuck. Hopefully the Lions can somehow pull it off in the NFC, because we're headed for Tom Brady vs Aaron Rodgers, or The Super Bowl where Troy Aikman and Joe Buck ejaculated all over the field.

I'm already prepared for the "holy shit Rodgers clinched yet another division title after running the table and beating the Lions yet again".

10 hours ago, Merry ChristMaxx said:

Oh good, the Patriots weren't going to have an easy enough time getting to the Super Bowl already.  

Don't worry, the Giants are in the playoffs this year. If Brady gets to the Super Bowl, 3li got your back ;)

Image result for eli manning face

Edited by TCO
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, TCO said:

Don't worry, the Giants are in the playoffs this year. If Brady gets to the Super Bowl, 3li got your back ;)

But the Giants have resembled a slightly competent football team down the stretch, which means they're destined for a first round exit.

5 hours ago, TCO said:

But the Giants have resembled a slightly competent football team down the stretch, which means they're destined for a first round exit.

• Like 1

The Giants are likely to only score like 17 points max, most of that being from OBJ being a beast.  Their offense just isn't good at all - especially not on the road.

So the bigger question is which potential opponent would they be most likely to hold under 17 points.  The easy answer is Detroit because they've just done it.  Rodgers is nearly impossible to keep down when he's on the type of run he's on, and though Seattle just lost yesterday it was a shootout, that offense can roll at home.  The most favorable "path" for the Giants would be Detroit in the first game and, should they advance, Dallas in the second.  Two teams they've been able to hold down offensively this year.

Having said that, the Giants are just not a good road team this year.  I'm thrilled to get a 17th game, just going to enjoy it and hope for more but not get my hopes up.

7 hours ago, Szumi Claus said:

Fantastic screen shot, that 

https://i.imgur.com/UVNU3Tk.gifv

Yeah I don't see the Giants getting past the wildcard unless it's Detroit and that's still a 50/50 game in my mind. Still though, the last runs included against Atlanta, at Green Bay (twice) and at Dallas. So who really knows in the playoffs?

2 hours ago, VPNutsRoastingOnAOpenFire said:

I think Detroit can beat the Giants if the Lions get a home game. I still have my doubts about the Lions getting in at all but we'll see.

Detroit can only play the Giants at home, unless it's in bizarro world where it's 5th vs 6th seed in the NFC Championship!

I think the current 6 in the NFC go the play-offs, seeds are going to swap every which way before it's all said and done though!