2016 NFL Season

Schlitzbrille

8 hours ago, Meacon said:

Ajayi is like only the fourth running back to have three 200-yard games in one season. He's a viable option, but voters have to let their Quarterbacks-Only boners die down before someone like he or Elliot win MVP.

Two of those games were against Buffalo though, so they barely count.

Edited by munky

4 hours ago, Meacon said:

Don't they always do that with local games? I know that when the Eagles play on MNF, the game is on ABC instead.

Yes, games are shown over local stations in market only.  For people who only get tv via antenna.

If the Patriots were on MNF, they would also be seen on Ch. 5 (ABC) in Boston's market area. However, it would not carry over to surrounding markets like Providence, Springfield, or Portland.

And Tyrod Taylor has been benched, EJ will start against the Jets.

If Tyrod played and got hurt his contract would have been guaranteed. Makes sense to play it safe from a business standpoint. I would rather see what Cardale can do at this point, but I doubt he's ready to see live fire yet.

I wouldn't mind the Giants playing spoiler.  It's a meaningless game for them but playing hard against a division rival and spoiling their playoff hopes on the last day of the season could give them some momentum heading on the road in the wild card round.  Aside from guys with nagging injuries like Janoris Jenkins I would expect the regulars would all at least start the game even if they get pulled early.

McAdoo probably is thinking long and hard about whether or not he should send in OBJ for a 3rd round against Josh Norman.  If the game meant nothing for Washington it'd have been tough to justify the risk of a suspension-inducing fight breaking out but since the game matters for Washington I think they'll behave themselves.  And Eli needs to be active since the Giants only have two quarterbacks anyway, so he may as well start and keep his streak going.

Marvin Lewis is planning to "retire" at season's end. A polite way of saying the Bengals are owned by a cheap ass who doesn't want to pay the buyout but also wants to fire Marvin Lewis.

Cincy might have a head coach by committee next year among all their coordinators as an effort to save money.

• Admin

Just looking ahead to next Monday, and who could be looking for a new coach: 

Confirmed: Rams, Jaguars, Bills
Almost certainly: Chargers
There's a very realistic possibility: 49ers, Bears, Bengals
Outside chance: Jets, Panthers (only if Rivera does end up in fact end up in LA)
Annual speculation: Cardinals (usual Arians retirement mutters), Colts, Saints

Am I missing anyone off there?

14 hours ago, #BROKEN Busch said:

I wouldn't mind the Giants playing spoiler.  It's a meaningless game for them but playing hard against a division rival and spoiling their playoff hopes on the last day of the season could give them some momentum heading on the road in the wild card round.  Aside from guys with nagging injuries like Janoris Jenkins I would expect the regulars would all at least start the game even if they get pulled early.

McAdoo probably is thinking long and hard about whether or not he should send in OBJ for a 3rd round against Josh Norman.  If the game meant nothing for Washington it'd have been tough to justify the risk of a suspension-inducing fight breaking out but since the game matters for Washington I think they'll behave themselves.  And Eli needs to be active since the Giants only have two quarterbacks anyway, so he may as well start and keep his streak going.

Eli starts but I can't see him playing all 4 quarters. I dunno about McAdoo but I'd almost certainly pull OBJ too after a couple of drives. We're locked into the 5th seed  and almost certainly playing the winner of Detroit/Green Bay regardless of the result against Washington. The last thing that's needed is another Norman spat.

I don't care if Washington make the playoffs, they're not going to the Super Bowl anyway. Let them go to Seattle or Atlanta and lose, perfect reason to give Cousins even more cap space next year.