2016 NFL Season

Schlitzbrille

All 6 AFC playoff teams have now been decided, all that's left now is deciding the AFC West winner next week as well as the seeding.  Given the matchups and the Carr injury I'd have to think it'll be the Chiefs grabbing the 2 seed while the Raiders get a wild card to set up a Matt McGloin vs. Tom Savage playoff game, but who knows.

The NFC will have at least one playoff spot, possibly two, up for grabs in Week 17.  A Detroit win against Dallas guarantees them a spot and a safety net if they can't beat Green Bay.  A loss puts Washington in control of their 6th seed destiny and officially turns the NFC North game into win or go home.

They'd be mad to run Zeke too hard. Guy has 300+ carries already and he's basically their offence and would likely win the rushing title if he sits out the last 2 games.

No point in exposing to injury against a Lions team fighting for their lives. I hope they run him into the ground. <_<

As a Dolphins fan since childhood (much more vocal about it on Facebook than here) I have enjoyed the season, watching the games, messaging with my brother (also a Fins fan) throughout and enjoying our first decent season since '08.

DOLPHINS ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS! 'FINS UP!

• Like 1

Denver needs to get one of the top running backs in the draft, just to prevent whatever the shit all this was, in case CJ Anderson gets hurt again. I've never seen a less productive run game in all my years of watching the Broncos. 

It's one thing to say "Oakland will only go as far Derek Carr" because he's the quarterback. It's absolutely unacceptable, in 2016, to say a team can only go as far as their running back can go. Adapt to the times, Kubiak.

Shocker.  Everyone at ESPN gushing that Brady should be the runaway choice for MVP.  Because nothing says valuable like missing 4 games and having your team go 3-1 without you.

Matt Ryan is the correct choice, but I could at least accept Rodgers if they ended up completing the comeback to win the division.  Or either of the Cowboys rookies although their problem is they might cancel each other out to a degree as they've both been critical to Dallas' success this year.

Should Brady win, he'd be the first MVP in history to miss 4 games.  If Matt Ryan or even Derek Carr missed 4 games but still had the numbers they have now, nobody would talk about them as an MVP pick.  Brady is getting the attention because of who he is, and because people seem to think it's more important to give a nice big fuck you to Roger Goodell than it is to reward the actual best candidate.

Oh, Goodell is fucking terrible and should have been thrown out years ago after the way the league handled the Ray Rice incident.  There's no question about that.  But if Brady's going to get his last laugh on him, let him earn it through winning the Super Bowl and forcing Goodell to hand him the trophy.  Chances are very high they're going to be playing in that game anyway and if the Pats win I can't imagine anybody other than Brady being voted game MVP.  But don't give the MVP to a guy who missed a quarter of a season just to try to make a point.

5 hours ago, ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster said:

Jay Ajayi, Suh and Cameron Wake should all be on a long list.

The fact you listed 3 from the same team, dilutes their MVP credentials! :P

None of those guys have the stats to back it up though and if any RB is winning it then it's Zeke.

I hate the Patriots, but if they make it to the Super Bowl I'd be sorely tempted to be for them (unless they play the Cowboys or Lions, in which case I will definitely be against them), just to see Goodell have to present them the trophy, and look on Brady's face when it happens. I hate Goodell more than I do the Patriots.

Edited by GhostMachine
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, #BROKEN Busch said:

Shocker.  Everyone at ESPN gushing that Brady should be the runaway choice for MVP.  Because nothing says valuable like missing 4 games and having your team go 3-1 without you.

Matt Ryan is the correct choice, but I could at least accept Rodgers if they ended up completing the comeback to win the division.  Or either of the Cowboys rookies although their problem is they might cancel each other out to a degree as they've both been critical to Dallas' success this year.

I do agree it should be someone other than Brady.

Let us not forget however the Jacoby Brisette game vs. Buffalo.

Really fucking tired of them just randomly deciding to show games on multiple networks.  I don't bother looking for the game because its on ESPN, which I don't get.  I turn on ABC a few minutes ago, and they've been airing the game the whole fucking time.