Premier League 2017/18

Lineker

3 hours ago, Nerf said:

I think a large part of the ridicule is the fact that he's trying to sell out his own teammate for personal glory of what is, at best, a dubious claim. Had he been disputing an own goal, that's one thing, but the way he's gone about this demonstrates he's not a team player. If I'm Eriksen, I'm walking into training and thinking he's a right knob, as I'm sure Lineker would if he sourced some news for the BBC or something and a colleague tried to claim it was his idea.

Spurs fans aren't helping their case either, acting as if there's some conspiracy or that people are "obsessed" with them. No, people are laughing about something in the news, which is only news because Harry Kane himself made it news.

Really? I doubt Eriksen is upset over it and any of us trying to speculate about any ill feelings between them is doing so on no basis whatsoever. I'm pretty sure in most of these situations the players have a good laugh about it and then move on. How is he not a team player? He even said the main thing is that they won the game, it's not like he's running in taking the ball off Eriksen to shoot himself is it.

The amusing thing is that someone (I think Gerrard) felt it had come off the Premier League badge on Kane's arm, so while I'm well aware it's impossible I would have been very impressed if they'd gone "Yep, it's yours. Handball. 1-1". Following which Kane would be forced to sacrifice his child. 

2 hours ago, Colly said:

The amusing thing is that someone (I think Gerrard) felt it had come off the Premier League badge on Kane's arm, so while I'm well aware it's impossible I would have been very impressed if they'd gone "Yep, it's yours. Handball. 1-1". Following which Kane would be forced to sacrifice his child. 

Eh, it's not really his daughter anyway. He just rocked up at the hospital and said "that one's mine."

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, 9 to 5 said:

Pretty sure Erikson and Kane are having a fucking good laugh about this. Sure Erikson will not have done cartwheels over this but if people seriously think this will have caused a deep resentment between the two, well, they must think Erikson's ego is as fragile as me hearing Road Dogg criticism. 

I said something similar earlier. I reckon they've had a bet with eachother to see if Kane can claim the goal for a laugh.

On 09/04/2018 at 14:42, Liam Mk2 said:

This makes me sad. It’s been proven to be safe in a few countries already yet still in England it’s being blocked. 

People need to move on from Hillsborough now. The Taylor report clearly stated that standing wasn’t the issue as well. 

Here, have a petition. 30,000 signatures so far. Point being to prove that the safe standing campaign isn't "a vocal minority" as it's being described. Utterly ludicrous suggestion given the brilliant way the roadshows etc have been organised with the FSF involved. 

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/207040

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MadJack said:

Big day of football. 3-0 win for Spurs please, and an Eriksen goal and a Harry Kane hattrick.

Huge. We are against Macclesfield today LIVE ON BTSPORTS so I'm sure we'll lose.