Premier League 2017/18

Lineker

It's the height thing though. For whatever reason the FA or Premier League a long time ago decided a push in the chest is a yellow, any higher and its a red. It's fucking stupid (see Aliadiere's nose pinch of doom) but at least it's consistent. 

This makes me sad. It’s been proven to be safe in a few countries already yet still in England it’s being blocked. 

People need to move on from Hillsborough now. The Taylor report clearly stated that standing wasn’t the issue as well. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

This makes me sad. It’s been proven to be safe in a few countries already yet still in England it’s being blocked. 

People need to move on from Hillsborough now. The Taylor report clearly stated that standing wasn’t the issue as well. 

See I can understand some of the Hillsborough families stances on it and it's something that Liverpool as a club, the supporters groups and the Hillsborough families would have to liaise and consult on in terms of it ever being implemented at Liverpool...but on a wider scale it is really out of touch. 

Personally I think there should be safe standing sections, it's probably more dangerous atm anyway as a lot of the time away fans are going to stand anyway and say if it's a big game or a European match everyone is stood up in the Kop for example. The amount of times I've got bruised shins from being in a small, cramped row stood up behind other seats is ridiculous. Fans are stood up all the time! Celtic have shown how it can be successfully and safely implemented. I don't think everyone is clamouring for a whole stadium to be standing but rail seating works it's safe, it gives you the option of standing up or sitting down and it has helped to improve atmospheres. 

That’s exactly what my friends and I were saying about it. Technically at the moment, it is more dangerous for so many people to be standing in areas designed to sit, not stand. 

Pretty much all the German grounds have them, and there’s never any incidents and they always have unbelievable atmospheres (part of that is down to ticket prices though admittedly, but that’s a whole different discussion). 

44 minutes ago, DMo Salah said:

Fucking hell Tottenham...appealing to the FA to get Eriksen's goal changed to Harry Kane's :lol:

If they give him it do I get extra Fantasy points this late? Every little helps at this stage :shifty:

6 minutes ago, Baddar said:

If I was certain I'd scored the goal, I'd want it too.

Swearing down on your child's life over a goal in a football game is a bit of a cunty thing to say tbh. 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, DMo Salah said:

Swearing down on your child's life over a goal in a football game is a bit of a cunty thing to say tbh. 

Yeah, that was my thought. I get you want the goal, and that perhaps you scored the goal, but being all like 'on my daughter's life' is a bit dickish.

Plus, he clearly didn't touch it >_>