Premier League 2017/18

Lineker

I really don't get the outcry over this. We often see goals sent to the Dubious Goals Panel to ascertain who scored it in matters where there are two possible scorers of one goal, just because Kane/Spurs have specifically asked for this one to be looked at why does it matter?

As for this slating of him for "swearing on his daughter's life"...I mean, that's just a phrase surely? It doesn't make him a bad person or really defame his character at all. I used to hear "woah mate I swear down/on my mum/dad/sister's life" all the time in school etc. and I never considered anyone a "massive twat" for saying it because they might not have fully meant it.

At the end of the day he felt it touched him on the way in, he clearly genuinely feels it did or else he wouldn't have said that and pushed to be awarded with it and now an independent panel has agreed that it did. Hardly the end of the world or a huge deal like some are making out.

• Like 2

Ah fucking swear down on me mams life. Inexplicably followed by a lie as surely as "I'm not racist" will be followed by a "but". 

This isn't a big story by any means but fuck me that statement made him sound like a proper bellend. 

2 minutes ago, GA! said:

Probably more angrily because lolerpool :shifty:

We wouldn't bother arguing about it. We only argue whether how well we'd have done if goals that hit the woodwork counted as goals too!

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Have you heard him talk? Audibly he sounds like a bellend.

Unquestionably. 

But children aren't for swearing trivial nonsense over. It's barely a talking point, it's just that he's made himself sound like a proper chore (insert your own regional scum word here). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lineker said:

I'd love to see how this conversation would be unfolding on here if it were Salah claiming a dubious goal.

It'd be the exact same. Assuming he acted like an absolute gobshite making statements swearing on his daughter's life and lodging official appeals. Couple that with the fact the ball literally didn't fucking touch him, he just comes off like an absolute loser who's obsessed with personal goals. What would have happened if Eriksen had gotten another? Would he have forced him to not take the match ball.

Kane's not a victim, he acted like a knob and he's been rightly ridiculed. Salah has 5th most assists in the league while Kane has taken the most shots by a fair stretch. It wouldn't happen if it were Salah.

3 hours ago, Lineker said:

I'd love to see how this conversation would be unfolding on here if it were Salah claiming a dubious goal.

Colly, Gazz, TCO and myself: noted Liverpool fans.

Most people jumping on him about his behaviour are doing it from a position of neutrality. Guy has acted like a dick about a goal that doesn't look like it was his.

Also, since it has been mentioned, I never 'swore on....life' even when I was a child. Is a stupid thing to say.

35 minutes ago, MadJack said:

If it Salah I think most people would still saying the same thing. Liverpool and Spurs both are enjoyable to watch when rattled. :P

It's enjoyable watching you rattled over anything Mourinho related :shifty:

Mo is a wonderful human being. I don't see Harry Kane getting people extra minutes for their mobiles whenever he scores....

• Like 1

I think a large part of the ridicule is the fact that he's trying to sell out his own teammate for personal glory of what is, at best, a dubious claim. Had he been disputing an own goal, that's one thing, but the way he's gone about this demonstrates he's not a team player. If I'm Eriksen, I'm walking into training and thinking he's a right knob, as I'm sure Lineker would if he sourced some news for the BBC or something and a colleague tried to claim it was his idea.

Spurs fans aren't helping their case either, acting as if there's some conspiracy or that people are "obsessed" with them. No, people are laughing about something in the news, which is only news because Harry Kane himself made it news.

30 minutes ago, Nerf said:

I think a large part of the ridicule is the fact that he's trying to sell out his own teammate for personal glory of what is, at best, a dubious claim. Had he been disputing an own goal, that's one thing, but the way he's gone about this demonstrates he's not a team player. If I'm Eriksen, I'm walking into training and thinking he's a right knob, as I'm sure Lineker would if he sourced some news for the BBC or something and a colleague tried to claim it was his idea.

I wonder if Kane and Eriksen had a cheeky bet on it being given or not given to Kane.

See I don't have an issue at all with him trying to get the goal, I think most centre forwards would. My entire issue is "I fucking swear down like", and it's genuinely a pity that I can't translate a broad teesside accent to text... 

Pretty sure Erikson and Kane are having a fucking good laugh about this. Sure Erikson will not have done cartwheels over this but if people seriously think this will have caused a deep resentment between the two, well, they must think Erikson's ego is as fragile as me hearing Road Dogg criticism. 

• Like 4