Premier League 2017/18

Lineker

I don't see how anyone could argue he isn't, given his goals and success. Yet, it still feels like he never really lived up to his full potential. Maybe his potential was massively overblown by the English press, maybe it's because he existed in the era of Messi and Ronaldo, maybe it's the underperformance at World Cups, maybe it's the fact that he's clearly not looked after himself and is basically on the scrapheap at 32, whereas Ronaldo, who is eight months older and has played over a hundred games more than him, is still the star player for one of the biggest clubs in the world and putting up insane numbers when it comes to goals at the very highest level of the game.

Rooney is one of the Prem greats. I think some people forget he's been playing at a high level since 16 both for club and country. 

I do agree with @The Gazz though. I think he's not looked after himself over the years. But I do think it's hard to compare him to Ronaldo as he's a bit of a freak of nature. 

I agree he's been one of the better strikers in the Premier League.

However, despite the fact he is England's record goalscorer (somehow), he has not succeeded for England at all. He had one good tournament at Euro 2004 and then went missing after that in any big game England played. Whether that was partly a result of the team being shit or not, I don't know. He just never turned up when it mattered. 

• Admin

Arsenal have suspended two coaches after allegations of bullying. They are believed to be Under-23 coach Steve Gatting and his assistant Carl Laraman. The story first broke in the Islington Gazette this afternoon. A club spokesman told the newspaper: “We have suspended two coaches and launched an investigation following complaints from some players. These are private matters and we will not discuss any further detail.”

18 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Bloke on the radio genuinely shocked into silence that Ross Barkley is actually playing for Chelsea today.

Tobes is starting today for what is probably his farewell :(

Also - kinda great that KWP got his first start in the first game of the season & his second start comes on the last day. 

Excited to see a front four of Lamela, Lucas, Eriksen, Kane. 

23 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Also - kinda great that KWP got his first start in the first game of the season & his second start comes on the last day. 

Excited to see a front four of Lamela, Lucas, Eriksen, Kane. 

Lamela is playing his last game :(