2017 NFL Season Thread

Maxx

41 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Hey guess which crybaby sore loser QB kept up his tradition of running off the field without shaking hands with the opposing QB after losing the Super Bowl?

I'm pretty sure that Brady reached out for Foles, but he just couldn't quite catch him.

• Haha 2

Nevermind, source isn't very credible

1 minute ago, Los IngobernAdam de Japon said:

I mean, is that a credible account in any way? I can't find anything else yet backing that claim up at all.

Yea, looking at his bio now I'm not 100% sure of that

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

I have to say, Philadelphia outdid itself destroying itself this time around. Those were some high quality videos and apparently nobody died! Amazing! Though that one guy who ate horse shit's dignity and chances at ever finding a partner died.

And only 3 people were arrested, which, all things considered, is a very small amount

Any other Philly fans (all 3 of us?) going to the parade Thursday? I can't wait to celebrate this moment properly.

And by properly, I mean as a proper human being and fan, not stereotypical Philly fan, punching horses, flipping cars, vandalizing, climbing poles, etc. :P

35 minutes ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

Any other Philly fans (all 3 of us?) going to the parade Thursday? I can't wait to celebrate this moment properly.

And by properly, I mean as a proper human being and fan, not stereotypical Philly fan, punching horses, flipping cars, vandalizing, climbing poles, etc. :P

So you won't be eating any horse poop then?

I'm thinking about it.   But the logistics of it make it unlikely

I remember the Phillies parade in 08 the roads were absolutely nuts. I drove against the traffic to get to class and it was backed up all the way to at least 309. 

I think my roommates took SEPTA to Center City, we lived in Manayunk at the time so logistically it wasn't too hard. I'd say if you're coming from further out just park at the start of your nearest train line. I wouldn't suggest staying with your car any longer than you need to unless the cold weather means less people go than went in 08. But I encourage every single one of you to go, these are things you'll never forget.

Parades are fun.  I've been to two or three for the Patriots, the last two for the Red Sox, and the last Bruins one.  If you're on the fence about it, just do it.

I second the public transit suggestions.  You're probably looking at a million showing up, easily.  There's gonna be so many people trying to make their way in, you probably won't have to pay train fares.

I REALLY want to go...but I did the math...

The parade starts at 11AM.  I live, at least, 3.5 hours from Philly.

Obviously, I'm not gonna drive into Philly proper and try to get to Broad St. or the Art Museum.  So I'd drive to Norristown, where I used to live, then take SEPTA into Philly.  Norristown is still 3 hours on the turnpike...and there are ALWAYS accidents on the turnpike/276, so you wanna give yourself extra time, especially since we are supposed to have a winter storm on Wednesday.  Not knowing the SEPTA schedule, I'd be looking at leaving between 6 and 7AM, just for drive time.

Like I said, I REALLY want to go to Philly for the parade...but thinking it out logically, it just doesn't work out