2017 NFL Season Thread

Maxx

5 minutes ago, Sousa Defarge said:

No joke, a few years back when the Bengals lost to the Steelers in the playoffs and got like two technical fouls in the last two minutes of the game, every single Bengals fan I know instantly became the most insufferable person on the planet. It was embarrassing. Fuck Ohio sports (except the Reds, go Reds).

For a while there, like 50% of the Bengals roster had criminal records too. It seemed like whenever someone was arrested and cut by their team, it was Cincinnati that signed them. :lol: 

Seriously, growing it I think I was unusual, it was my mom who helped foster the sports fan in me, not my dad.  She watched Eagles games, she took me to Phillies games.  She's the one who really helped grow the sports fan in me.  I wish she was still around to see the Eagles win a Superbowl.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Lint said:

Seriously, growing it I think I was unusual, it was my mom who helped foster the sports fan in me, not my dad.  She watched Eagles games, she took me to Phillies games.  She's the one who really helped grow the sports fan in me.  I wish she was still around to see the Eagles win a Superbowl.  

Stop making me feel things in my feels. :(

48 minutes ago, Lint said:

I feel you @Lint. I called my sister after the game and just said, "that was for Dad." It was bittersweet knowing he wasn't alive for this. I cried a bit because of it. He raised me on the Eagles, and here they are, a month after his passing, finally winning a Super Bowl. So many emotions right now, so ranged. I feel you <3

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Way to go Eagles! That's two weeks in a row the city of Philadelphia makes me happy. I'm no Eagles fan by any stretch, but I'm just happy to see someone stop Tom Brady and the Patriots.

• Like 1

Eagles 2018 home opponents:
Colts, Cowboys, Falcons, Giants, Panthers, Redskins, Texans, Vikings

One of those teams will open the season on Thursday next year.  It's possible they send the Vikings in for a NFC Championship rematch, but I'd say the easy money is that they send a division rival in.  Please not the Giants.  I don't want to open the season with a night game again, much less a night game where I get to see a banner raised beforehand.

As a Giants fan this was one of the worst possible match ups but the game was great to watch. I don't know how, but the Eagles won me over as the game was going on to the point I was rooting hard for them. Congratulations to the Eagles and their fans, you've suffered long enough. 

• Like 2

That was a bloody marvelous game, and probably the SuperBowl I have enjoyed most to date. Some will complain that it was O heavy / poor D play, but every now and then it's nice just to watch a damned shoot out. 

Respect to Foles too, he proved the doubters wrong as well. Just goes to show how much difference a scheme / coaching system can have on a QBs performance. 

I still find it funny that Goff, Keenum and Foles were on the Rams together, and all looked awful. 

• Like 1

Hey guess which crybaby sore loser QB kept up his tradition of running off the field without shaking hands with the opposing QB after losing the Super Bowl?

• Like 2