Premier League 2018/19

Lineker

8 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

I'm getting totally mixed up. 

It's been a long day.

:facepalm:

I meant Austrian. On both occasions.

If you were a history teacher I'd hate to be there when it got to be time for you to talk about the Australian-Hungary Empire. :shifty:

Edited by Noah

• Admin

Thierry Henry, the former Arsenal striker and World Cup winner with France in 1998, is leaving Sky Sports to concentrate on his coaching career. The 40-year-old is Belgium’s assistant manager and helped them to a third-placed finish at the World Cup last week.

He tweeted: “Over the last 4 years I have had some extremely rewarding coaching experiences in football. These experiences have only made me more determined to fulfil my long-term ambition to become a football manager.

“It is with sadness, therefore, that I have decided that I must leave SkySports to enable me to spend more time on the pitch and concentrate on my journey to achieving that goal.

“I would like to thank everyone at Sky for making me feel so welcome and at ease throughout my time with them and I wish them all the best for the future. Great memories.”

Henry, who played for Arsenal between 1999 and 2007 before returning in a loan spell in 2012 after playing for Barcelona and New York Red Bulls, is the club’s all-time top goalscorer with 228 in his 377 appearances for the club.

So Thierry. 

Arsene Wenger was right. You can't juggle your coaching career with being a full-time pundit. 

Various reports in Italy are suggesting that Ivan Gazidis is about to be appointed as AC Milan’s new CEO. 

He spent years trying to get rid of Arsene Wenger, it seems strange that he would jump ship now.

So far £447,000 of taxpayers' money has been spent failing to find a naming sponsor for the London Stadium, because West Ham and their stadium are both awful.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44848750

I'm sure all the fighting in the stands last season did wonders to attract punters.

You hire another company who fly people around the world to have meetings with bigger companies, where they smile and flutter their eyelids in the hope that it'll persuade them to throw millions of pounds at West Ham.

Yikes.

Didn't realise it was that bad. Such a shame really, he has all the natural ability in the world but it doesn't seem like he'll ever fulfil his potential. 

I still think he could have made the difference for England this summer.

Now that even Delac has moved on (and Blackman is already loaned), I have a new raft of unfamiliar/irrelevant goalkeeper names in Chelsea's early pre-season squad to learn.

Marcin Bulka? Who the fuck is this?

Apparently he made four appearances for our U18 team last season... Those Australian Chelsea fans going to the match against Perth Glory must be super excited.

• Admin

Newcastle have reportedly made two contract offers to manager Rafa Benitez this summer, but neither has been accepted.

The Newcastle Chronicle say Benitez has turned down a five-year deal and a one-year extension.

He apparently wants "solid pledges on recruitment and wants to make changes to the Academy and Under-23 set-up".

It is also reported that Benitez has told the club he can see himself staying for 10 years if the conditions are right, but "an acceptable blueprint is yet to come his way".

Liverpool's member sale is a joke every single year. Luckily I managed to get sorted for Brighton, Cardiff, Fulham and Newcastle after 2+ hours in the queue, but my mate didn't get a single ticket in today's sale or yesterday's. Can't wait to endure it all again in November.

3 minutes ago, Nerf said:

Liverpool's member sale is a joke every single year. Luckily I managed to get sorted for Brighton, Cardiff, Fulham and Newcastle after 2+ hours in the queue, but my mate didn't get a single ticket in today's sale or yesterday's. Can't wait to endure it all again in November.

Lucky you I've got fuck all again! Just have to try my luck on the local sales when they come each game week and at least I've got the autocup sorted. 

It is the same song and dance though. Servers crash people can't get on some get lucky and do, club release tweets apologising repeat in November in the same season then repeat twice each year. 

They really need to sort it out. 

• Sad 1