NFL 2018

Lineker

32 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

You all get to witness the wonder and magic of the Lions tonight. The gridiron heroes of Detroit will once again march on field to engage in the ten yard fight. The fans will clamor for these modern day gladiators as they seek to conquer their opponent.

And then shit the fucking bed.

Nah, they should beat the Jets. But I think it will be a close (3 to 10 pts difference) game.

I hope the Raiders beat the Rams. Because I cannot pull for any team with Suh on their roster. Fuck that guy. But I expect the Rams to win.

3 hours ago, VerbalPuke said:

New York Jets players say they knew our plays....

I know the first scapegoat when we start 0-5. I’m saying it now, Jim Bob is gone by week six and this is Staffords last year in Detroit. 

You think they're going to trade him?  Surely Patricia would have learned from Josh McDaniels horrible example.

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

You think they're going to trade him?  Surely Patricia would have learned from Josh McDaniels horrible example.

Either trade or cut. I can see them firing Cooter first, then they can claim they never had their “guy” at QB and buy themselves time.

I also think Stafford will want out, he’s too old for another rebuild, couple that with him being angry about Cooter being fired (speculation on my part), and rumors are swirling that the players haven’t bought into Patricia. 

I can't see us cutting Stafford. I do think a QB will be drafted relatively highly in 1-2 years though

Isn't Stafford only 30? People need to calm with these hot takes. 

The Lions were just unlucky to hit on high picks right before the rookie wage scale. They never had their talent under affordable contracts so never had a real window to win.

10 years and nothing to show for. 

I can just see Detroit moving on from him either because they want to go younger/cheaper or he wants out because he’s sick of the Lions horse shit. Probably the latter scenario is most likely. 

As DFF mentioned they will likely be looking at QBs in the next 1-2 years. That’s a model Quin has said he would follow. He’ll probably pick the wrong guy though.