NFL 2018

Lineker

4 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

What is the green zone?

They make the area of the field between the line of scrimmage and the first down yellow line a darker shade of green for reasons no one really understands.

https://deadspin.com/heres-why-nbc-introduced-the-green-zone-which-maybe-1828627651

I don't think it's anything egregious. The NFL has much bigger issues. :P

While I don't see how valuable it is compared to just using the yellow line it, honestly, is the most harmless thing the NFL has done in a long time. Like its significance is at 0, and because of that I just don't care. 

Well if the NFL was hoping this wouldn't be as bad of a year for marquee injuries, a Pro Bowler going down for the year in the first game isn't a good start.

1 hour ago, VerbalPuke said:

I forgot there was a game yesterday. 

The Lions have a horrible pass rush. So in an effort to remedy that they cut Anthony Zettel, a high motor guy with 6.5 sacks last year (his second season). 

Fuck this team.

Apparently loads of teams put in claims on him as well, including the Browns who have priority on all waiver claims. 

Not surprised. He’s not a stud but he’s still young and plays hard. The Quin/Patricia apologists are saying he was awful/horrible on run defense. Even with that being a true, they want me to believe he doesn’t have value as a situational rotational guy??

By the way, we have FOUR TE’s and SIX WRs. We couldn’t have cut our fourth TE or sixth WR? 

I really think this combo of Patriots guys running our team are going to fail spectacularly. Then we’ll have effectively wasted Stafford and Slays prime, then back to rebuild. I know the season hasn’t even started but I really don’t have a lot of confidence in this regime (hey, that sounds familiar). 

So I wouldn’t say I’m done with The Lions, but I’m really apathetic to them right now. Watching this team spin their tires and find really creative ways to lose every year is just exhausting. 

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

I really think this combo of Patriots guys running our team are going to fail spectacularly. 

But they have such a great track record outside of New England!

• Haha 2

Yeah, the Giants have made some head-scratching personnel moves as well.  They've already cut 8 players from their initial 53 man roster on Saturday which just shows how little faith they had in the team they brought to camp with them.  Nothing they can do about the teams they play, but the first half slate is especially brutal.

Jacksonville
at Dallas
at Houston
New Orleans
at Carolina
Philadelphia

I mean, they started 0-5 last year.  Even though I think this team should be improved this year as long as a few key players stay healthy, there's every chance they can start 0-6, 1-5 or something.

After that they play Atlanta and Washington before the bye.  I think I'll be happy with 4-4 at the bye given that slate.  All that said I'm thinking 6-7 wins is probably the furthest they could go this year.

13 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

@Meacxico

The Lions have worked out Paxton Lynch twice now. I mean I know you say he sucks (and I believe you) but Matt Cassell is awful. If all the back up choices are awful, I’d rather the younger guy goes out and maybe learns something.

Sure, as a back up that doesn’t play he’s whatever. But you better cross ya nips that Stafford doesn’t so much as break a nail or you’ll just have to write off the season. But as you said, you would with Cassell too so why the hell not.