NFL 2018

Lineker

18 minutes ago, TCO said:

If they love Murray and they get a first back for Rosen then I don't see the problem.

New regime gets their guy and essentially costs them nothing.

The franchise has drafted Rosen to be their guy for years to come, he has had a perfectly fine rookie year playing behind a pathetic O-line and with nobody decent to throw to other than Larry. To just give up on him now because we've got a new HC who likes the look of some other college player is stupid. I really like Rosen, I wanted him last year but never thought he'd fall to us and I believe he's the right guy to be our QB going forward. I don't follow college ball but Murray looks pretty short, and besides that I wouldn't want to give up on Rosen for anyone coming out of college, don't care how good they look. We need to use the #1 draft pick to strengthen a different area of the team, we don't need to use it on a Quarterback.

Schefter's basically got this idea from an interview snippet in which Kingsbury said several months ago that he'd draft Murray #1 if he were an NFL coach. Well that wasn't said with any conviction that he would actually be one come time to draft the kid nor does it factor in that we intentionally went after an offensive-minded choice for Head Coach to be able to get the best out of Rosen and build a good team around him and David Johnson. It's a nonsense and I would be extremely upset if we actually did it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Maxx said:

Assume the Cardinals decide to draft Murray, would you take a trade for Rosen for the Chicago or Dallas pick?

I don't think I would. I wouldn't be looking for an immediate replacement for Carr, he played fine most of last year, but the Raiders have the draft capital that taking a high risk high reward flyer on Murray makes sense.

Kubiak pulled out of Denver’s OC job due to difference of opinion with Elway in terms of staffing and offensive philosophy.  He also left his front office job, so he has quit the organization entirely.

The Broncos are lucky they were able to win a ring when they had Peyton and an all world defense, because Elway is driving that organization into the ground.

While I generally agree, the Kubiak thing is probably for the best. He's not a bad coordinator but it seems like he wasn't willing to update his offensive philosophy and that's just the way the league is trending. It also helps that with him not being there, Mike Munchak is seriously considering coming on board as the OL coach.

They were trying to interview 49ers QB coach Rich Scangarello but Shanahan has apparently denied permission. That's the second coach he's denied permission on after not allowing Run Game Coordinator Mike McDaniel to interview for the Packers OC opening. 

8 minutes ago, Buschie Van Wagenen said:

Has he?  If so, shame on Shanahan.  I’ve never been cool with coaches blocking their assistants from exploring clear promotional opportunities.

The selfish 49ers in fan me is glad because staff turnover sucks but yeah, it's kind of a shitty thing to do. 

Edited by livid

3 hours ago, livid said:

While I generally agree, the Kubiak thing is probably for the best. He's not a bad coordinator but it seems like he wasn't willing to update his offensive philosophy and that's just the way the league is trending. It also helps that with him not being there, Mike Munchak is seriously considering coming on board as the OL coach.

They were trying to interview 49ers QB coach Rich Scangarello but Shanahan has apparently denied permission. That's the second coach he's denied permission on after not allowing Run Game Coordinator Mike McDaniel to interview for the Packers OC opening. 

Is he more of a run first coordinated? The Lions should interview him since that is what Patricia is trying to do.

15 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

Is he more of a run first coordinated? The Lions should interview him since that is what Patricia is trying to do.

He is. Kubiak is a very zone-block Mike Shanahan guy. He wants to run with zone-blocking scheme to set up the pass. 

I think he's done coaching though. He stepped down from the head coaching role because of health. I'm not sure if he'll take the stress/health issues if it's not with Denver. I could be wrong, but that's the impression I get. 

44 minutes ago, Meacon said:

He is. Kubiak is a very zone-block Mike Shanahan guy. He wants to run with zone-blocking scheme to set up the pass. 

I think he's done coaching though. He stepped down from the head coaching role because of health. I'm not sure if he'll take the stress/health issues if it's not with Denver. I could be wrong, but that's the impression I get. 

And with Detroit there will be plenty of stress and health issues.

• Haha 4