Football Manager 2019

Gazz

My mid season saves look like they'll be pretty much limited to the Bundesliga, seems to be the only League where a big team might struggle. La Liga and Ligue 1 are always the same and there's some variation in Series A and the Premiership - usually Chelsea or Spurs struggling - but the Bundesliga is the only one with actual variation.

There's a real problem with player paitence in the beta, players are getting angry about a lack of first team football after two or three games out of the squad, so then they request a transfer and you end up with transfers happening like you're seeing above, which can then be exploited by a human manager to build a very good squad for peanuts.

Picked this up over the weekend and spent time setting up logos and faces (because obviously I cannot start a game without them) but I haven’t decided who to be yet.

As an Arsenal fan the temptation is to start there, especially with the youth players coming through but then I feel like it’s too “easy” and want to be a lower league side or at least a mid-table PL team like Leicester (who I had a really good game with a few years ago).

Any suggestions? At the moment the only thing I’m sure of is I want to be a team in England.

8 minutes ago, TMM said:

Picked this up over the weekend and spent time setting up logos and faces (because obviously I cannot start a game without them) but I haven’t decided who to be yet.

As an Arsenal fan the temptation is to start there, especially with the youth players coming through but then I feel like it’s too “easy” and want to be a lower league side or at least a mid-table PL team like Leicester (who I had a really good game with a few years ago).

Any suggestions? At the moment the only thing I’m sure of is I want to be a team in England.

Do a Brazil early-pre season start and see which teams stand out - you'll start about 17/18 games into the season and you'll sometimes get stuff like Arsenal down in 8th or 9th.

2 hours ago, Gazz said:

There's a real problem with player paitence in the beta, players are getting angry about a lack of first team football after two or three games out of the squad, so then they request a transfer and you end up with transfers happening like you're seeing above, which can then be exploited by a human manager to build a very good squad for peanuts.

Reported as a bug - Spurs also loaned Milan Skriniar like the day before I got Sanchez. It's crazy, but I'm not complaining XD

2 minutes ago, MDK said:

How do you set up all the logos, faces, real names fix and all that? Every year I do it and every year I forget.

Just take your pictures folder from last years and copy it over to your pictures folder for this years - it'll be in my documents.

Think with the unfortunate event at leicester at the weekend, im gonna use them as my starting team, waiting for the full game tho, thats this week right?

Im glad to see im not the only one who has OCD and MUST have facepacks etc, ive spent hundreds of hours adding players from this site:

https://sortitoutsi.net/search/cutout

pretty easy to do really but eases my OCD so much 😁

17 hours ago, Benji said:

The latest update is going really well for me. It literally won't let me select an outfield player before a match, even though the squad screen is fully selected...

another thing that USM had over FM.

If you didn't have enough players you'd have to forfeit.

Which in this case would be a wonderfully annoying bug!

Well, it's your own fault for trying to sign fancy dan foreign nancies over good, honest British pros with dodgy knees and a beer belly.