NFL 2018

Lineker

I was watching the Dolphins game and marked so hard as that play unfolded, especially when he totally did Gronkowski. I thought the Fins played pretty well throughout, besides a typical lack of offensive line coverage for Tannehill and Haack.

I do love it when we beat the Patriots though. It brings joy to my disappointment-trained heart.

• Like 1

Yay Eagles lost

Also, Denver really needs to just re-boot. We did this whole 7-9/8-8/9-7 cycle in the early 90's and in the early 2000's and we're on pace for it again over the next few years. Cut Keenum, suffer the cap penalty, because it was a stupid signing in the first place. I said at the time it was lame and we should have gone with Bridgewater, but Elway continues to not know a quarterback from a hole in the ground. Vance Joseph should have been fired last year. I'm usually anti-one year coaching changes, but it was abundantly clear that he is so far over his head that he's underwater in the Mile High city. The concept of football seems as foreign to him as Latin. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, but a mediocre-to-poor defensive coordinator should not ever be given a head coaching job. It's a shame to see Von Miller wasted on such a poor defensive design. If Wade Phillips was still our DC, maybe they'd still be good enough to make up for the ineptness of the offense and Joseph, but he's not, which means scoring points would be ideal. While you have teams throwing up 30 or 40 points on a weekly basis, we score 24 points and consider it a "shoot-out". 

4 hours ago, Meacon said:

They must've thought the penalty gave them enough for the first or automatic first, right? Because that may be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. 

Pretty sure it was called a dead ball penalty, so the field goal didn't count. They didn't have an option.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lowerdeck said:

I'd like to thank the Bears for containing Goff and the Rams, so my one playoff fantasy team has hope.

Dolphins fans, y'all still aren't making the playoffs.  Even if you do, it's a six seed getting blown out in the Wild Card.  Enjoy your week 14 Super Bowl.

I'm used to not making the playoffs and the Dolphins haven't been a great team in decades. We also have the unenviable task of playing the Patriots twice every season...but I do enjoy how we're making a habit of beating the Patriots in Miami. Tannehill is 4-0 against the Patriots at home and Brady's worst road record is against the Dolphins (7-10) so we grab the crumbs we can from spending the last decade stuck in a division with a team we hate who have been annoyingly good.

9-7 MIGHT make 6th to buy us the one more game before we most likely get turned over. We have the ability to beat the Bills away, even in frozen January. Vikings will be tough. Jaguars are beatable this season though. 10-6 is extreeemely unlikely. 9-7 is too to be fair.

That said, there are finally some good seeds taking root. Minkah's really good. Kiko's a great tackler against runners, Howard's a properly quality player. Stills is a decent receiver. Drake is looking good alongside Gore (hopefully another couple of years out of him).

We really really need a stronger offensive line and some better defensive coaching. Also, fewer injuries would be nice. We spent the second quarter of the season back on random third string linemen being played out of position to fill the gaps.