2019 NFL Off-Season Thread

RoHitman Reigns

On 27/07/2019 at 13:04, VerbalPuke said:

Wouldn't surprise me to see him land there, honestly if he could get a ring with them it would be nice for him. I really liked him and thought he was a great asset but I just think our team is going a different route.

I also should point out he's great in pass protection,  picking up blitzes so maybe saying one trick pony is a bit unfair.

Two teams off that top of my head that love guys like that. Baltimore and New England. I think he'll wind up on either team.

2 hours ago, Trent Buschetta said:

• Haha 2

The funniest part is nothing will be patched.  They care about Madden Ultimate Team and milking microtransactions, then it's onto the next game.

I buy Madden every three or fours years for a fresh coat of paint, but that's about it.  I'd love to go back to the days where I enthusiastically got the game every year, but they've mostly stopped giving a crap once they got the exclusivity license killing NFL2k in the process.

16 minutes ago, Trent Buschetta said:

The funniest part is nothing will be patched.  They care about Madden Ultimate Team and milking microtransactions, then it's onto the next game.

I buy Madden every three or fours years for a fresh coat of paint, but that's about it.  I'd love to go back to the days where I enthusiastically got the game every year, but they've mostly stopped giving a crap once they got the exclusivity license killing NFL2k in the process.

Yea, I'm still playing Madden 18.  I'm in like 2048.  A few years ago, I traded Carson Wentz to the Jags because his speed fell to 70 and all his throwing stuff was in the mid 70s.  

Still got a 1st and 2nd for him

I ended up with Bosa and Hardman too.  I started a franchise where I autopiloted the 2018 season and picked up the Giants in the 2019 offseason to get a do-over (aka not trading Beckham).

Bosa somehow fell to the #4 pick in the draft where I was so I snapped him up.  Haskins was there in the 2nd round so I took him, then Hardman in the 3rd and Jamel Dean in the 4th.  It's a fun class to play as.

29 minutes ago, Trent Buschetta said:

I ended up with Bosa and Hardman too.  I started a franchise where I autopiloted the 2018 season and picked up the Giants in the 2019 offseason to get a do-over (aka not trading Beckham).

Bosa somehow fell to the #4 pick in the draft where I was so I snapped him up.  Haskins was there in the 2nd round so I took him, then Hardman in the 3rd and Jamel Dean in the 4th.  It's a fun class to play as.

I wanted my draft picks, so I started at the Super Bowl.

I'm a serial franchise starter, so I've gone through the draft with this class a few times, and the same people always fall. Sweat is always there in the third, and I once got Haskins in the second.

I'm probably going to do a diary with this team, I just need to get through the pre-season.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, DMN said:

I wanted my draft picks, so I started at the Super Bowl.

I'm a serial franchise starter, so I've gone through the draft with this class a few times, and the same people always fall. Sweat is always there in the third, and I once got Haskins in the second.

I'm probably going to do a diary with this team, I just need to get through the pre-season.

Yeah, I love that they've added custom draft classes back into the game, ThomasDraft's are clearly the most immersive so I have all four of his from 2019-2022 and once I'm past that it'll just be CPU generated players from there on out.  The problem with the custom draft classes though is that the CPU follows some very predictable trends and in the case of QBs it seems to be completely bugged.

My 2020 class saw Tua as the #1 overall player on the board and four QBs with first round grades (Tua, Herbert, Fromm, Eason).  The Vikings who were the worst team in the league and who had a 32 year old Cousins on the last year of his deal took Tua, the Dolphins who had middling Tannehill took Herbert, and the Packers who had an aging Rodgers took Fromm.  That's actually totally realistic based on where the teams are at in my franchise.....

...except for the fact that they all fell to the third round.  The CPU teams will just flat out not consider a QB in the first two rounds if the starter is a 76 or better even if they're old or on the last year of their contract.

17 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

They've reached kind of the limits of what can be put into the game and now just need to milk the consumer for all they're worth.

I’d argue they approached the limit and ran in the other direction.  The game lacks features and depth from versions made 10 years ago 

Loved NCAA.  It took forever to build UConn up to a 6 star program but it was so satisfying to get there.

The roster I loaded in from NCAA 11 had my high school class president as a linebacker on the UConn roster.  He almost never played in real life but I couldn’t help but make him a starter since the team I inherited was dismal anyway aside from Jordan Todman and Blidi Wreh-Wilson.

Yes, unfortunately, they did.

NCAA 2013 for the X-Box 360 is the only X-Box 360 game I ever owned, and I usually played it solo, because every time I'd play it with Riley, he'd either get upset and reboot the system or just walk away if I was beating him. Which happened roughly 80% of the time I played against him.

I'd usually play as either Tennessee (obviously) or some obscure college team I rarely (if ever) heard of. Never did bother making up a fake team, like I'd sometimes do with Madden.