2019 NFL Off-Season Thread

RoHitman Reigns

Oh look.  There’s Odell Beckham once again running his mouth about the Giants.  First he expressed all sorts of happiness at being moved, and now today he says the team disrespected him by trading him.

I was sad when he got traded especially since the return didn’t seem all that good, but he’s doing a good job of showing why he got traded in the first place.  Dude is a complete malcontent.

And this is a week after Baker Mayfield talked about Beckham looking forward to playing in front of a packed house that he didn’t get with the Giants as if it’s some sort of indictment on the fans that they didn’t want to spend hundreds of dollars to go watch a crap team.

With the collection of personalities they’ve assembled, if the Browns don’t make the playoffs in the next season or two, that franchise is going to implode.

40 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Mark Sanchez is retiring from football. A sad day.

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

We'll always have the buttfumble.

18zccvsyzl30hgif.gif

In memorial

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JMarushin said:

I wonder what happened there, always thought he was decent enough. @DFF

I'm fairly sure it was to make space for Daniels. Still, I'm quite surprised he was cut.

1 minute ago, Trent Buschetta said:

Two days into training camp and the Giants have already lost Sterling Shepard to a broken thumb, Corey Coleman to a torn ACL, and now Golden Tate to a suspension.

So they trade Beckham and get rewarded by losing all of their receivers.

Along with the Mets and Knicks, it's a wonder you even still like sports. 

Meh, I had no hopes for this season anyway.  Realistically this year was all about transitioning Eli out and getting Jones some work by the end of the year while hopefully fortifying the defense.

I didn’t see any way the Giants weren’t a bottom 5 team this year even if healthy.  Now they might be the favorites for the #1 pick.

2 hours ago, JMarushin said:

I wonder what happened there, always thought he was decent enough. @DFF

He is good, but sort of a one trick pony, but it is a really good trick. The Lions want to run more and Riddick isn't that good of a runner. Plus, saves cap space. He'll find a home no problem,  probably would be better suited to a contender that could use a shifty pass catcher to compliment an already good offense.

5 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

He is good, but sort of a one trick pony, but it is a really good trick. The Lions want to run more and Riddick isn't that good of a runner. Plus, saves cap space. He'll find a home no problem,  probably would be better suited to a contender that could use a shifty pass catcher to compliment an already good offense.

When I saw he was cut, my kneejerk reaction was that he'd be incredible on the Pats with Brady throwing him swing passes out of the backfield. I'd rather he not, but that would be a huge landing spot for him. 

3 minutes ago, Meacon said:

When I saw he was cut, my kneejerk reaction was that he'd be incredible on the Pats with Brady throwing him swing passes out of the backfield. I'd rather he not, but that would be a huge landing spot for him. 

Wouldn't surprise me to see him land there, honestly if he could get a ring with them it would be nice for him. I really liked him and thought he was a great asset but I just think our team is going a different route.

I also should point out he's great in pass protection,  picking up blitzes so maybe saying one trick pony is a bit unfair.

24 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

Yeah, he brings a nice dynamic to any offense I'd think