Premier League 2019/20

Lineker

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Might be a wake up call just in time for the Atletico 2nd leg as well.

It's a kick up the arse before two big cup games. We've won but not been great (mark of Champions, said ages ago most of us grew up watching United do it) 

Got no complaints with the defeat at all. Better team won. Might be a good momentum boost for Watford in a crunch run of fixtures 

Someone on Twitter pointed out that Arsenal's Invincibles season never would have been if not for a Robert Pires dive for a penalty which earned them a 1-1 draw with newly promoted Portsmouth.

Wenger all but admitted years later that it was indeed a dive, and having seen it it is a really bad, obvious one.

Football's a funny sport.

1 hour ago, Colly said:

I'd be utterly stunned if nothing along those lines has helped Liverpool to a point or a win this season, even with VAR. That's football.

They never even really looked like losing before this week but Mane going down about 15mins after the "contact" against Leicester was definitely 2 points nicked.

These things balance themselves out really. Arsenal would have hit 50 unbeaten if it weren't for Rooney blatantly diving.

• Like 2

People should really be praising us. We lost after that kid wrote the letter to Klopp asking us to lose as we were making him sad. 

Liverpool: The children's club 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Colly said:

I'd be utterly stunned if nothing along those lines has helped Liverpool to a point or a win this season, even with VAR. That's football.

Absolutely. That was kind of my point. So many variables go into every game, let alone a run of 44-50.

Liverpool's run is unreal, one of the best ever. They're going to go down as one of the best sides in the history of the league.

11 hours ago, Adam said:

Someone on Twitter pointed out that Arsenal's Invincibles season never would have been if not for a Robert Pires dive for a penalty which earned them a 1-1 draw with newly promoted Portsmouth.

Wenger all but admitted years later that it was indeed a dive, and having seen it it is a really bad, obvious one.

Football's a funny sport.

This is part of the reason I hate VAR. Without a little bullshitery we'd not have this legendary team, and some of the best teams had the best shithousers of their day.

I get that rules need to be enforced but what I loved pre-VAR-iously was that we could all have a right go about how bad the decision was and how you can't believe the ref missed it. That added to my enjoyment of the game.

I love a special goal or some unreal build up play or tactics ahead of their time, but sometimes I love a cheeky shirt tug, or a wink after selling a foul, but my favourite is someone looking around like a cartoon villain when they've got away with something.

4 minutes ago, Baddar said:

But if VAR was around a while ago, Liverpool would already have their title as it would have spotted the blatant foul on Gerrard that led to the Demba Ba goal. 🙈

That is exactly what I used to enjoy about football. 

1 hour ago, MDK said:

This is part of the reason I hate VAR. Without a little bullshitery we'd not have this legendary team, and some of the best teams had the best shithousers of their day.

I get that rules need to be enforced but what I loved pre-VAR-iously was that we could all have a right go about how bad the decision was and how you can't believe the ref missed it. That added to my enjoyment of the game.

I love a special goal or some unreal build up play or tactics ahead of their time, but sometimes I love a cheeky shirt tug, or a wink after selling a foul, but my favourite is someone looking around like a cartoon villain when they've got away with something.

Game got too big. When millions are resting on games, alongside the jobs and careers of people associated with clubs, you can't legislate for categorical errors at the highest levels.