2020 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

16 minutes ago, Mr. Meacon Moneybags said:

It gets funnier every time you say it, too. 

Rule of three, Meacon!

It should go without saying that I support changing the name, I just want to say it's going to be a little weird to not have the Washington Redskins around. They have a lot of cool history to go along with more than their share of racist history and are a foundational, bedrock franchise in the NFL, so it's a massive, massive change. I'm old enough to remember when they weren't a laughingstock, as well.

4 minutes ago, DMN said:

Rule of three, Meacon!

It should go without saying that I support changing the name, I just want to say it's going to be a little weird to not have the Washington Redskins around. They have a lot of cool history to go along with more than their share of racist history and are a foundational, bedrock franchise in the NFL, so it's a massive, massive change. I'm old enough to remember when they weren't a laughingstock, as well.

I would make the argument that when the first wave of college teams started changing their names in the 70s and 80s the fact that Washington were so successful and such a cornerstone of the NFL made it all the more anathema to change. If they were a laughingstock then and didn't have a prestigious history, well, there might not have been as much attention paid to them but there certainly wouldn't have been as many people who were vocal about them not changing the name as there were.

Keep the colors and the look, change the logo and name. It's really never been hard, but they sure have tried to make it seem hard. And I think a lot of it is because of that weird attachment to history, a history that until 20 years ago stood up there with the best in the sport 

As a Redskins fan, I would say don't budge an inch, find new sponsors who support the name.

https://twitter.com/savethename?lang=en

Edited by Warhawk8492

1 minute ago, El Tiburon said:

🤦‍♂️ why?

That name is an old tradition. It should not be messed with. Most Native Americans are not offended by the name. Its a bunch of PC hipsters who hate it.  They can piss off.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/new-poll-finds-9-in-10-native-americans-arent-offended-by-redskins-name/2016/05/18/3ea11cfa-161a-11e6-924d-838753295f9a_story.html

That is proof enough I am right. Corporations are now kissing the ass of the far left its disgusting, we might turn into the next PRC if we are not careful. The line must be drawn.

Just now, Lineker said:

You are entitled to your opinion.

However.

When people look back, you'll see that you're backing the wrong side of history.

No I am not, even if some find it offensive who cares, they are in the minority.

• Confused 1

shit, a poll from 2016 proved your right?  Fuuuuck, I guess by your brilliant logic a more recent poll that shows you’re wrong would prove that you are.

https://news.berkeley.edu/2020/02/04/native-mascots-survey/

Oh look, you’re wrong you dumb racist shit head.

Just now, Warhawk8492 said:

No I am not, even if some find it offensive who cares, they are in the minority.

Hi @Lineker this is trolling so obvious that he should be banned before I finish posting this

1 minute ago, Maxx said:

shit, a poll from 2016 proved your right?  Fuuuuck, I guess by your brilliant logic a more recent poll that shows you’re wrong would prove that you are.

https://news.berkeley.edu/2020/02/04/native-mascots-survey/

Oh look, you’re wrong you dumb racist shit head.

Berkley is run by commies so fuck em. Washington Post, who I normally dislike is more trustworthy.

Well I’m sorry but since you’re in the minority with your dumbshit opinions here, by your own logic we’re going to have to ask you fuck off.

Just now, Maxx said:

Well I’m sorry but since you’re in the minority with your dumbshit opinions here, by your own logic we’re going to have to ask you fuck off.

Most Redskins fans want to keep the name. You liberals make me physically sick.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

The poll also didn't prove that you're right, because the poll is largely skewed by under-representing Native Americans who live on reservations and is also wholly outdated. Furthermore, they only contacted people using landlines, and who the hell uses a landline anymore? You're leaving out a whole lot of answers by only reaching out this way. If you want a great source for an answer, how about the National Congress of American Indians? They despise the name. I'm not trying to be rude, but I would honestly suggest looking outside of your echochamber, because you're in the wrong about this one. 

https://ipclinic.org/2014/02/11/11-reasons-to-ignore-the-10-year-old-annenberg-survey-about-the-washington-football-teams-offensive-name/

1 minute ago, Warhawk8492 said:

Most Redskins fans want to keep the name. You liberals make me physically sick.

No one gives a fuck how cool you think a slur is.  Again on this board, your opinion is in the minority, and since you’ve said minority opinion doesn’t matter, fuck off