2020 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

2 minutes ago, Mr. Meacon Moneybags said:

The better question is does he really want to spend five more years on a team going nowhere?

If $25m a year is a lot then that probably helps. I have no idea how contracts in the NFL work, mind, even contemporary football wages inflated beyond my understanding until I started playing FM20.

I am actually on the "Browns people expected last year will show up this year" train so it makes sense to lock him up long-term. And even if they won't be, it still does. You don't just let a guy as talented as he is go. 

Edited by livid

17 hours ago, livid said:

I am actually on the "Browns people expected last year will show up this year" train so it makes sense to lock him up long-term. And even if they won't be, it still does. You don't just let a guy as talented as he is go. 

It's tough to call because I'm not high on Stefanski either. Feels like they're trying too hard to force Mayfield into being a different kind of QB than he is. They don't even have to look outside of their division for examples on how to build your team around a QB's strengths.

But they're still outrageously talented. Problem for them is Pittsburgh and Baltimore both have elite defenses and (if Ben stays healthy) great to elite offenses. It's a tough division to make it out of.

5 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

It's tough to call because I'm not high on Stefanski either. Feels like they're trying too hard to force Mayfield into being a different kind of QB than he is. They don't even have to look outside of their division for examples on how to build your team around a QB's strengths.

But they're still outrageously talented. Problem for them is Pittsburgh and Baltimore both have elite defenses and (if Ben stays healthy) great to elite offenses. It's a tough division to make it out of.

I actually like Stefanski quite a bit for them and specifically for Baker. Making them a run-first offense with Chubb and Hunt will take pressure off of Baker and allow them to put him in better situations than whatever the hell it was that Freddie Kitchens was trying to do. The key for the whole offense will be whether or not they did enough to address their offensive line, though. 

4 hours ago, DMN said:

My man @GhostMachine is an Andy Dalton expert, let's go to him for a report.

I never claimed to be a Dalton expert. I said I wouldn't have a problem with him starting if anything happened to/with Dak, but that he's definitely not a long-term solution. 

If even half the allegations are true, the league should have to force Snyder to sell. Daniel Synder and Jim Irsay are the two most vile owners in the league, but everyone loves to harp on about Jerry Jones instead.

Edited by GhostMachine

2 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

If even half the allegations are true, the league should have to force Snyder to sell. Daniel Synder and Jim Irsay are the two most vile owners in the league, but everyone loves to harp on about Jerry Jones instead.

Jerry Jones isn't vile.  Stubborn and kind of an asshole - yeah.

Irsay, Snyder, and the guy who owned the Texans - they're in a league of their own.