2020 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

23 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Can they force Snyder to sell to someone who is far less vile but every bit as incompetent?

Bezos is the one publishing the story in the Post and he's the one who is very actively pursuing buying a franchise. Also he basically lives in DC now since he fancies himself a defense contractor.

Possibly less vile and maybe he'll be incompetent.

I don't think the other owners want Bezos, with control of the Washington Post and more money than any of them, in their club. Certainly Jerry and Bob Kraft wouldn't.

There's also this about the Washington football club...

Apparently Jay Gruden sat their starting runningback, Capri Bibbs, because Bibbs was sleeping with a woman Gruden was also sleeping with, and the back-up missed the block that led to Alex Smith's broken leg. It's not quite so simple as that, but it goes to show how far the dysfunction allegedly goes. It could also be fake, there's a lot of weirdness around this.

Edited by DMN

McAfee got a text while on air that contained all the allegations against the Washington organization.  Was advised not to read any of it on air but said if it’s true it’s a bombshell against Washington and the NFL

13 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

That kind of culture starts at the top with Snyder. When I went to read it the article was behind a paywall, but getting details from other people who have the Post and it's rather damning. All the recent organizational departures make a lot of sense when put under this lens.

Since it's behind a paywall:

I still never understood how the Costa Rica trip never became a bigger deal

33 minutes ago, Lint said:

I still never understood how the Costa Rica trip never became a bigger deal

I was talking to my friend about it, more specifically the stuff that happened in the office, although I'd spoken with her about the Costa Rica trip before, and it's just the fact that America, the world, really, has a very high casual level of sexism, shit like this just doesn't register as 'bad' for a lot of people.

The whole "locker room culture" shit where guys will be guys needs to die a quick death.

• Like 2

Jerry Jones playing the long game, gonna lock Dak up on a cheaper deal when no one else can afford to sign him!

It's really hard to get a deal done with a guy once he's played under the tag. Washington ran into this with Cousins and I kept hearing their fans swearing that they were gonna get him locked up and then they just went and had to tag him again.

Dak now can demand even more than before because the tag escalates each year.