2020 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

37 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

It's really hard to get a deal done with a guy once he's played under the tag. Washington ran into this with Cousins and I kept hearing their fans swearing that they were gonna get him locked up and then they just went and had to tag him again.

Dak now can demand even more than before because the tag escalates each year.

He’s welcome to go find a $100 million deal next year when the cap drops by $50 million :shifty:

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

Responding to the Washington Post story painting a culture of intimidation and harassment inside the organization, Washington owner Dan Snyder has claimed a "new culture and standard" is coming.

The only thing that needs to be coming is a change in ownership.

Hey NFL here’s a massive headstart on figuring out how to handle a season during the pandemic.  You get way more information about the virus than the other leagues got, and you get to see everything the other leagues decide to do.

Oh?  Just gonna squander all that and cobble together something last minute?  Cool.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TCO said:

Honourable of EA. I'm sure they'll make the new name and logo available for a very reasonable amount of in-game currency or you can take your chances in one of the loot boxes.

It’ll be free because no one cares about Washington. 

• Like 1

Wait, do any of you guys actually think we're going to get football this year?

Because I don't, and it's seemed like an obviously bad idea for months now. I'm sure it'll happen, though, and it's going to be a disaster.

EDIT: I managed to contradict myself inside two sentences, lol. I think they're gonna try, but I really feel like the whole thing is gonna fall apart. I doubt it gets finished, tbh. I'm skeptical the NBA playoffs get finished.

Edited by DMN

I think we get football but I don't know how long a season will be or when it'll start. NFL is so powerful it can tell CBS and Fox it will start in December and have games 5 days a week and they'd both accommodate. Probably happily since a lot of their TV shows aren't getting filmed on schedule.

I think they'll start the season on time but won't be able to finish it.  Cases are exploding in parts of the country still and by late October/early November I fully expect places that have calmed down like New York to go through another wave to the point that everyone's locked down again.

It's possible they'll pause the season and try to resume it in early 2021 pending vaccine rollout.  That would likely mean the draft and everything pushed back.  Preseason eliminated with training camps opening later to give everyone extra time to recover from the season running late.  But the goal being to at least start the 2021 regular season as close to on time as possible and try to get back to normal from then on.