2020 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

3 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

It's long overdue. Wonder if/when Cleveland's baseball team will do the same.

Absolutely.

With any luck this will have a run on effect, Takedown the more glaringly offensive one first and go from there.

Given the family who own the team, should just call them the Dickwolves.

12 minutes ago, B-li Manning said:

Can they at least stop the fucking Tomahawk chop?  It's bad enough that they play it as is, it's even worse that they've gotten into the habit of playing it multiple times per inning.

They said they were "retiring" the chop but then they played it or maybe the fans started it up organically. So, yeah, status of the chop TBD.

Kansas City Chiefs also need to rethink their imagery. The name can be repurposed at least so they don't need to change that.

14 minutes ago, B-li Manning said:

Can they at least stop the fucking Tomahawk chop?  It's bad enough that they play it as is, it's even worse that they've gotten into the habit of playing it multiple times per inning.

The chop motion isn't nearly annoying as that goddamn fucking chant.....

58 minutes ago, DMN said:

I met former Raider Super Bowl Champion Rod Martin at my work today, so that was cool. Apparently Matt Leinart came in last week.

I know Martin had those 3 interceptions in Super Bowl XV, but XVIII (which he was also in) in one of my favorite memories. My Washington fan father was so sure Washington was going to win, and I kept telling him they were going to lose. I was 12 at the time (didn't turn 13 until April), and it is the first Super Bowl that I actually paid attention to. I was more into baseball back then. And yes, I absolutely gloated when the Raiders won.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

Kansas City Chiefs also need to rethink their imagery. The name can be repurposed at least so they don't need to change that.

Repurposed to what? Kansas City I'm Not Your Pal, Chiefs?

52 minutes ago, Lineker said:

It sounds like the new name won't be unveiled until September.

Cowards. This has Wolfhawk decision written all over it.