2020 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

1 minute ago, Warhawk8492 said:

Even if most are offended I don't care

Yeah cause you’re human garbage.  

Thanks for making their inevitable name change even more enjoyable for me though!  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Warhawk8492 said:

No I am right

Even if you were, and we’ve proven you aren’t, that does nothing to not make you human garbage.

Pretty sure the majority opinion here is that you’re human garbage, so unfortunately since you’re in the minority, you don’t matter.  I can make a poll if you need to see proof.

6 minutes ago, El Tiburon said:

The poll also didn't prove that you're right, because the poll is largely skewed by under-representing Native Americans who live on reservations and is also wholly outdated. Furthermore, they only contacted people using landlines, and who the hell uses a landline anymore? You're leaving out a whole lot of answers by only reaching out this way. If you want a great source for an answer, how about the National Congress of American Indians? They despise the name. I'm not trying to be rude, but I would honestly suggest looking outside of your echochamber, because you're in the wrong about this one. 

https://ipclinic.org/2014/02/11/11-reasons-to-ignore-the-10-year-old-annenberg-survey-about-the-washington-football-teams-offensive-name/

That was probably written by some commie who does not even watch football.

I’m disappointed in you Lineker,  I expected so much.  This must be how you feel about the Texans every year.

• Sad 1

There's a difference between having a differing opinion (lord knows we've had our share of those on EWB over the last couple months) and maybe not covering yourself in glory stating it and not even trying to engage meaningfully, I think. Given that Warhawk was warned a first time for something very similar four years ago, just with politics instead of sports, I think we know where he lands.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Admin

If he wants to come back in a week's time when he's off the naughty step and have a sensible conversation about the subject then that's absolutely fine. But outright trolling can and will end in only one way. Every time.

1 minute ago, Maxx said:

I’m disappointed in you Lineker,  I expected so much.  This must be how you feel about the Texans every year.

I'm a Tottenham fan too :(

• Sad 1

I was actually hoping to have a legitimate discussion about the topic, but obviously he didn't have it in him. It would have been would have been interesting, at the least, to hear a "pro-slur" argument that didn't amount to "fuck those commies." My bad lol

In all seriousness, George Preston Marhall, the man (and i use the word `man' loosely) who founded the team in the first place, was a racist bastard. The Redskins were the last team to have African-American players, and that only happened because the government forced them to. The first AA player they signed even demanded a trade. ironically, RFK, the Attorney General at the time, was one of the people who forced the team to integrate. And Marshall's plaque was removed from RFK Stadium lately, because of his racism.

To me the Redskins name and logo is like the Confederate flag issue that's also going on: If a huge group (or groups) of people find it racist, its motherfucking racist. 

Edited by GhostMachine
  • Like 2