NFL 2020

Lineker

5 minutes ago, damshow said:

I like it for both teams. LA has a tightening window and needs to do whatever they can to try and win-now. Stafford is an upgrade and he doesn't have a lot left on his contract and costs less than Goff. Meanwhile Detroit is taking on a potential albatross but maybe Goff turns things around there, and if not they have a 2-3 year window to figure it out through the draft. Plus the return on picks is great.

Narrator: He won't. 

Goff’s deal isn’t even much of an albatross, unless something changed with the CBA that I’m not aware of, dead money doesn’t transfer to the new team.  The old team absorbs the hit in one go.

Yeah Goff is a big cap hit but if he ends up playing horribly they can dump him basically whenever at no penalty.

11 minutes ago, Buschie Lee said:

Goff’s deal isn’t even much of an albatross, unless something changed with the CBA that I’m not aware of, dead money doesn’t transfer to the new team.  The old team absorbs the hit in one go.

Yeah Goff is a big cap hit but if he ends up playing horribly they can dump him basically whenever at no penalty.

According to Spotrac, Detroit is on the hook for dead money in 2021 and 2022 but free and clear after that (which is when Stafford's deal ended). So they basically got free draft picks out of this.

Dead money always confuses me and Spotrac sometimes messes it up too. But that's what they have.

Also there were 6 teams bidding on Stafford, no wonder Detroit got a haul. Wait until the Watson trade, could we see 4 1sts get moved??

A great player is coming to the NFC West to make my team's life more difficult? What a surprise!

This seems to happen 2/3 times a season...granted last year it was us getting the star player for a change, with Hopkins, but still.

Watson will probably go to San Francisco just to hammer it home even more.

1 hour ago, VerbalPuke said:

So we're trading Stafford to the Rams for two future 1sts, a 3rd, and Jared Goff.

Wild. Not thrilled with Goffs contract but two 1sts and a third is a good haul. Plus, Goff isn't total poo, this buys us time to build the defense. 

Its a hell of a deal. If Goff doesn't get better, they can use one of those future 1sts on his replacement.

Stafford should fit in well with the Rams.

54 minutes ago, damshow said:

Hmmm, not totally out of the realm of possibility. If a QB they love falls to them in the draft it could make Goff very expendable in their eyes.

The cap is important in that respect also, if we trade him we're not on the hook for that salary. If we do keep him there will definitely be some cuts coming up.

But I'm not opposed to giving it a shot if they can manage the cap.

I'm happy all the way around with that return for Stafford. Ofcourse the 1sts wont convey this season because they had already traded that for Ramsey. But I'm ok with waiting.

I like the Rams enough that I wont feel dirty about hoping for Stafford to have success there. They have an awesome defense. And then Kupp, Woods, Higbee, a trio of young backs around Matthew. Not bad.

Goff is definitely part of the value of the package. I dont know what to expect from him. Had the Rams made it public they were trying to trade him, what do we think the return would've been? 

Trevor is going first, and then Fields/Wilson will go 2nd. With the other of Fields/Wilson probably getting picked before us. If either of them or Trey Lance make it to 7th, I would probably just go ahead and take a QB. So I dont know where that would leave Goff. 

I also dont know what we do with Golladay now. My first choice wouldve been to franchise tag him and then shop him for picks too. But he'd be the best WR Goff has ever had. I think we could free up money from cutting Jesse James and cutting bait on the mistake that was signing Trufant. I personally still want to embrace a rebuild over trying to remain competitive. But with getting that sort of haul for Stafford, theres actually an argument to be made for keeping Golladay and giving Goff an honest chance to stop regressing. 

10 hours ago, Maxx said:

Meh, I don't need JJ Watt for the two games a season he manages to play before getting injured.

I mean ya'll have kept Sean Lee for 10 years..

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mrroboto488 said:

I'm happy all the way around with that return for Stafford. Ofcourse the 1sts wont convey this season because they had already traded that for Ramsey. But I'm ok with waiting.

I like the Rams enough that I wont feel dirty about hoping for Stafford to have success there. They have an awesome defense. And then Kupp, Woods, Higbee, a trio of young backs around Matthew. Not bad.

Goff is definitely part of the value of the package. I dont know what to expect from him. Had the Rams made it public they were trying to trade him, what do we think the return would've been? 

Trevor is going first, and then Fields/Wilson will go 2nd. With the other of Fields/Wilson probably getting picked before us. If either of them or Trey Lance make it to 7th, I would probably just go ahead and take a QB. So I dont know where that would leave Goff. 

I also dont know what we do with Golladay now. My first choice wouldve been to franchise tag him and then shop him for picks too. But he'd be the best WR Goff has ever had. I think we could free up money from cutting Jesse James and cutting bait on the mistake that was signing Trufant. I personally still want to embrace a rebuild over trying to remain competitive. But with getting that sort of haul for Stafford, theres actually an argument to be made for keeping Golladay and giving Goff an honest chance to stop regressing. 

I've read that we want to re-sign Golladay and Okwara. We're definitely going to have to trim some bad contracts Quin gave out. I don't know for certain who they might cut but I'd expect to consider James, Collins, Jones, Trufant, Daniel, and Coleman to be players to be axed. I think Flowers you have to stick with because of the contract and he may still have value to us.

The Washington Football Team should change their name to the Redhawks, would keep the word red in the name and is still catchy. Hail To The Redhawks still has a nice ring to it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

I say keep it as "Football Team"

That is very bland dude and that name is supposed to be a place holder.