Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

29 minutes ago, Colly said:

Was it the second one where Maguire actually grabs Shaw and stops him from clearing? Amazingly bad.

He does a crap header, then another crap header back, then he grabs Shaw round the shoulder and drags him back trying to get to the Spurs player.

Keystone Cops stuff.

8 hours ago, Adam said:

What a day...Everton are genuinely the best team in England at the moment and that's even with a bad goalie.

Don't let the madness of the last 24 hours distract from the fact that Pickford's got little arms.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Twist said:

Have the reigning champions ever lost so badly?

In 96/97, Man Utd lost 6-3 to Southampton and 5-0 to Newcastle and retained the league.

12 hours ago, Hobo said:

I'm not overly concerned by this tbh

12 hours ago, Tigerstyle said:

Yeah, a bad game is a bad game. It’s not anything to worry about long term. There’s a break now, a few injured players hopefully back by then.

Shipping 7 goals against a team who finished 17th last season and that doesn't really concern you? Wow...

• Like 1

I'm incredibly worried, but to be fair, Villa apparently have the longest unbeaten streak in the Premier League right now and it's obvious the momentum their working with right now is on a whole other level. We were always going to face a tough test and got our asses handed to us. Liverpool should bounce back, but let's hope complacency doesn't set in.

16 minutes ago, 9 to 5 said:

Shipping 7 goals against a team who finished 17th last season and that doesn't really concern you? Wow...

One really bad shocking game doesn't mean it's a crisis though does it. We've won 3 out of 4. 

The concerning thing is that Alisson is out for 4-6 weeks, so I personally feel we should go back to dropping the defensive line like we did start of last season when Adrian is in goal. I think as well Gomez should have been hooked at half time instead of Keita as his head had clearly gone. 

That mistake pretty much set the tone and everyone's heads went. We had spells where we just didn't take out chances or luck wasn't quite on our side but we never got back into the game.

Simply put we were out-thought, out-fought and out-played. We made mistakes, we came up against a side who did there homework and we also had moments where luck wasn't on our side, I mean 3 goals scored were deflected but if you don't take a chance you don't get anything out of it. But I feel a bit for Villa in some instances as a fair bit on focus is on us rather then them for simply playing a great game of football. You can only beat what's in front of you 

I think the way we play sometimes there will always be times where the wheels simply would fall off in a game, the last time was Spurs spanking us at Wembley. Then we went on an insane run of form after it. 

I think the Man Utd result is more damning for them then this one is for us. Even if they did play Spurs as it further emphasises the problems they have whereas this feels more of well this is an anomaly. 

International break comes at a good time and form always goes out the window for a derby. Pressure is on both sides for different reasons 

The worry for me is more how are we are playing after 2/3 more games 

13 minutes ago, Colly said:

Someone should definitely sign Gunnersaurus today.

Can he play in goal or does he have the same problem as his relative Pickford in having little teeny arms?

2 hours ago, 9 to 5 said:

nah, it was kinda funny really

It was clearly a freak result without their first choice keeper who's arguably the best in the world. It'll be a wake up call but there's no way this will be allowed to happen again. Liverpool are still the best team in the league and if I were a fan, I wouldn't be worried either. These things happen sometimes.

Caoimhin Kelleher should get a shot now, can't be worse than Adrian!