Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

They are fully aware that football fans will complain but still gladly submit to be rinsed so they can continue watching their team.

I used to work at a call centre doing cancellations for Sky. It was genuinely quite depressing taking calls from people who had just lost their job and had no money but were willing to move heaven and earth so they could keep their Sky Sports subscription. It’s easy to milk these people until they’re dry. They’ll keep paying.

Rashford is getting an MBE!

Can't believe he's making it all about himself though. 😕 

• Like 5

I saw that when it was public and he responses seemed reasonable, though presumably that's Twitter showing me what I want to see. It's a ridiculous question but I've little doubt she'll be getting some right pricks in response.

You'd be correct. 

Screenshot_20201010-194747_Chrome.jpg

Miles Jacobson did agree with her though, but he's always been a bit of a twat anyway. Ever since he shot down my "in game editor" idea years ago for FM, branding it cheating, then bringing one out anyway and charging extra for it, he can fuck off, in my book. :shifty:

• Haha 1

I mean, I get the argument from both sides.

These are extra games, so the "I already pay for Sky/BT/Amazon" thing doesn't hold up as you're still getting all of that content. 

But, the price of these subscriptions is already high, and always rising. And watching the PL in other countries is much, much more affordable. So is watching the Bundesliga/La Liga if you live in Germany or Spain.

£15 per match is ALWAYS going to seem extortionate to somebody paying around £18 for a full month of Sky Sports Premier League. It becomes a very hard sell when you compare the two.

I just think the "don't like it? don't pay it" attitude is a shitty one to have.

It's an absurd argument too. I pay about £25 for Sky Sports which gets me what, 3 games a weekend? That's just over £2 per game, and assumes I'm watching literally nothing else on Sky Sports. That's "the same product", marked up ridiculously. 

Couple that with Jericode's point, and the fact no one has any faith Sky aren't doing this to test the waters and you've got a wonderful cocktail of shit.

• Like 2