Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

25 minutes ago, Colly said:

Do people really watch stuff like that?

I usually have The Anfield Wrap's commentary on these days instead of the tv broadcast. They do it through an app where you can sync the audio to the broadcast.

I find it much more inslightful and amusing. Mainly because they treat it like they're just watching it and chatting while also doing a bit of commentary.

31 minutes ago, metalman said:

All the kids are doing reaction videos these days Colly. Get with the program grandad.

But for live football? I can't grasp what the setup is, you're watching the actual match on the telly and you have these two chumps on a second screen whingeing? Is this why football Twitter is so bad, because people think that this is what football supporters are, two lads watching telly? Do they do this when fans are in, i.e. don't actually go to games?

Has anyone seen my glasses?

• Like 2

This is interesting (to me at least), I don't know how many of you read Dale Johnson's weekly VAR threads, but they're very good. This week he's obviously covered the offside incidents in the Merseyside derby in great detail, but I found the following interesting mainly because it's what I've been saying would go some way to fixing the issue for ages.

Tolerances! The only thing I don't like is that even with this they're only overturning clear and obvious errors so the next tweet of the thread is silly, but it feels very sensible to me.

Elsewhere in the thread is another explanation of the part of the arm where handball is calculated from, which remains fucking ludicrous. 

2 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

I still can't grasp how a part of the body that by law can't touch the ball is able to be offsides. It just seems like a very weird way to enforce a rule. Especially since that kind of nuance is almost always what it comes down to in VAR decisions.

It isn't. Handball has changed so you can now play the ball with your upper arm (which is very poorly defined).

As Dale points out though, (I'm semi sure he stole this point from me) rather than resulting in an advantage for attackers it's ended up hurting them by making it even harder to stay inside in tight situations.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Matt said:

Better team but not clinical enough. Not to worry, we go again.

Okay, it's not making any different to this game but kicking a player in the groin is okay now?

Depends how hilarious it looked.

In a way, that isn't the worst result for us. It's a reality check, we've not shamed ourselves, we could've easily won, but we didn't, we showed our inferiority in terms of individual skill at times and our tactics couldn't make up for it. I'm not concerned in the slightest, I feel my original prediction of 11th-15th is still about correct.

5 minutes ago, Colly said:

Depends how hilarious it looked.

I mean, does kicking Koch in the cock count?