Premier League 2021/22

Lineker

The red card is the correct call, I agree, although the yellow beforehand was incredibly harsh. I just think he had absolutely zero control over the match and it showed. The penalty call is 100% wrong.

43 minutes ago, FLiam said:

Aubameyang has been stripped of the Arsenal captaincy. I am thinking his reaction to being dropped was not good. Wouldn’t be surprised if he was gone in the summer. 

*winter. Xavi wants him at Barca and Auba clearly isn't happy here anymore so I think it'd be best all round to cash in and move him on. If he was still scoring for fun I'd be less pleased about this, but he's clearly dropped a level lately. If the next signing is on point it could be a massive step in the right direction. Last thing we need is another Ozil situation.

1 hour ago, Merry Kaneymas said:

*winter. Xavi wants him at Barca and Auba clearly isn't happy here anymore so I think it'd be best all round to cash in and move him on. If he was still scoring for fun I'd be less pleased about this, but he's clearly dropped a level lately. If the next signing is on point it could be a massive step in the right direction. Last thing we need is another Ozil situation.

Will Barcelona be able to offer any kind of cash for him plus his £350,000 a week wages though? Is this going to be another “mutual termination” situation where we pay him off? That shit needs to stop.

In terms of the captaincy - I expect Lacazette will get the armband for the rest of the season. Then I’d be inclined to give it to Gabriel full-time although I’m not sure where he is with his English.

39 minutes ago, Baddar said:

I'm not sure about this. How less likely are you to catch covid if you're vaccinated? Is there much of a difference?

It'd be nice if more players would take up the vaccine but I can't see this working.

Screenshot_20211215-000544_Chrome.jpg

You're fairly well protected at different to high degrees depending on the vaccine.

Its late when I write this but: i think Pfizer and Moderna had upwards to 90% protection after the initial 2 doses. Janssen and AZ less so but its like 70-80 per cent. IIRC its been a few months since i last saw data.

Omicron might alter that a bit though. Also that immunity doesn't last at peak levels forever. Mostly 6 months but less with Janssen. Hence the need for boosters. Much like how people get a yearly flu vaccine.

The crux is Vaccinated people are definitely are much lower risk of serious illness and long covid i don't believe has been observed in people who have caught covid post vaxx.

Footballers are younger and less likely to get a bad case of covid. By the same token they may be more likely to think because they're young less likely to get very ill to not get a vaccine. But they should be vaccinated to lower risk to others.

Because generally, what you see is young people getting it and passing it on to older and more vulnerable people. Who the ones who are more at risk.

Therefore, I think its a wise idea. Vaccines mean you're less likely to catch or pass on the disease. They mean if you get sick you're not going to get badly sick.

If your job is literally travelling around going into a crowded places few hours a week - why risk it? If a player does end up with a bad case of covid then who knows how badly that could damage a career.

For a club it makes sense. You want to reduce the chances of players getting sick, matches getting cancelled etc.

It would be good to also educate players on the benefits of vaccines if they haven't already.

That turned into a longer post than I expected. :shifty:

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Baddar said:

I'm not sure about this. How less likely are you to catch covid if you're vaccinated? Is there much of a difference?

It'd be nice if more players would take up the vaccine but I can't see this working.

Screenshot_20211215-000544_Chrome.jpg

I mean with this surely it's right if you were unable to do work for something you potentially could have avoided companies would be resilient to pay you. I mean especially with the rules now stating if you are vaccinated you won't have to isolate unless testing positive you can go about your business as normal