Premier League 2021/22

Lineker

Some bizarre decisions from Tuchel today, IMO (playing James back into RCB after starting as RWB, making Lukaku play from the wing, taking off Alonso at half time). Wolves battled back so well, and deserved that draw.

If Arsenal win against Leeds, they're a point from 3rd place!

I still can't quite see it happening but the way Chelsea have been playing it's a possibility both North London clubs caught them. As I say, can't see them doing it as wouldn't back Arsenal and Spurs to both consistently grind out those results but Chelseas form in the last couple of months has been awful. 

The NLD still yet to be played is probably the only reason that I think Chelsea will still make the top 4. Arsenal and Spurs would need all the points they have available to them to actually overtake Chelsea in these final 4 games. 

This United side really is astounding to watch. Brighton have absolutely dominated them. Up 2-0, should be at least 3-0. Ten Haag has such a job ahead of him.

My brother has two bets going with a Man Utd supporting mate, one that Newcastle will be in Europe within 3 seasons (nailed on in my book), and a second more speculative one that we'll finish above them in the same period. Frankly I could see it happening next season.

To be quite honest if United have any sense they'll essentially let Ten Hag dismantle the entire squad, accept a year where maybe they make the Europa Conference League if any European competition at all, and have virtually no expectation of trophies until 24-25 at the earliest. 

They've spent too long pretending they're closer than they are and make short-term decisions that are destructive over the long-term.

21 minutes ago, damhausen said:

To be quite honest if United have any sense they'll essentially let Ten Hag dismantle the entire squad, accept a year where maybe they make the Europa Conference League if any European competition at all, and have virtually no expectation of trophies until 24-25 at the earliest. 

They've spent too long pretending they're closer than they are and make short-term decisions that are destructive over the long-term.

I can't see Man Utd, whether it be the hierarchy or even fans, accepting a proper rebuild year or two - even if they may have to. It feels like in that scenario it's always too easy to just blame the manager and blow it up, because they have a couple of so-called world class players on astronomical wages.

1 minute ago, Adam said:

I can't see Man Utd, whether it be the hierarchy or even fans, accepting a proper rebuild year or two - even if they may have to. It feels like in that scenario it's always too easy to just blame the manager and blow it up, because they have a couple of so-called world class players on astronomical wages.

This is my big fear. Everything we've heard suggests ETH views this as a 5 year build but this fanbase is so toxic, so unbelievably awful, that anything but instant success will probably be met with riots.

• Like 2