Premier League 2021/22

Lineker

8 minutes ago, Adam said:

Sorry? This is standard low-block, spoiler football. Liverpool are lightyears better, so they better find one good bit of quality to beat us.

Half the league do this against Liverpool and City.

Mane should have been sent off for that eye-gouge also, not that I expect anything from Stuart Atwell.

Sorry they absolutely do not, but that's because not everyone has the amount of divers and whiners that Everton do, I guess. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Benjamin said:

Sorry they absolutely do not, but that's because not everyone has the amount of divers and whiners that Everton do, I guess. 

Half the league get smashed about 6-0 by them when they play expansive football though. That's the point. All fun and games when Salah, Mane and Jota all bag a hat trick in a game but it's not always that straight forward.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

You can't watch many top level football matches if that's what you reckon.

• Like 2

Just to add to that, if Everton stay up by a single point after shithousing their way to a draw, that'll be far more important than going down despite "giving it a bit of a go" in the Derby.

And tbf they've been the more likely side to score 2nd half up to now.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Adam said:

You literally do though. I see it every single week no matter what level of football I am watching.

I dont think i see it as much from such an early point in a match that often.

But im not gonna deny that i only watch Liverpool games and on tv.

it also feels unique given the context i guess and im sure tv production embellishes it a bit for a game like this

And its 1-0 Liverpool

Just now, Hobo said:

I dont think i see it as much from such an early point in a match that often.

But im not gonna deny that i only watch Liverpool games and on tv.

Anyway it also feels unique given the context i guess

And its 1-0 Liverpool

Luton's goalkeeper was doing it in the first half against Blackpool on Sky yesterday, after they took a 2nd minute lead.

Anyway, the inevitable has happened. I'll be glad when this and the next game are over and I might be able to feel some small level of hope for an Everton game the rest of the season.

Yeah i dont deny it happens. I have seen it happen.

Once the game got a bit of energy in it Liverpool scored.

I cant see Seamus Coleman enjoying having to deal with Luis Diaz for the next while.

1 minute ago, Hobo said:

Yeah i dont deny it happens. I have seen it happen.

Once the game got a bit of energy in it Liverpool scored.

I cant see Seamus Coleman enjoying having to deal with Luis Diaz for the next while.

I think Liverpool scored because they got the game to be more open. While Everton stayed firm in their 9-1-0 shape, Liverpool had no openings. Game stretched out a bit at both ends and Salah unlocked it.

• Like 1

If Origi leaves in the summer, he's going to come back on loan whenever Liverpool play Everton again. Maybe in the Checkatrade trophy.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Martin Tyler hated that 2nd goal, jeeez.

Glad I didn't have to listen to his commentary. I reckon he dies inside everytime he has to be a commentator for our match

I have no problem with Everton's tactics whatsoever. It's football. Is it annoying when you're playing them? Yes. But it's fair game. 

Did love Alisson at the end, that was perfect. 

• Like 3