Premier League 2021/22

Lineker

Also Martin Tyler needs to just fuck off and retire the biased twat. Oh hes offside there...he's miles on. Did it for our first goal as well going on about Mane when he was nowhere near interfering with play.

Then having a sad voice when Sterling's is ruled offside 

I am occasionally distracted by two rows of advertising hoardings that make it look like one giant hoarding

I think that is the first time this season that Man City have dropped points after scoring first?

Kinda felt like they were both happy enough with a draw for a lot of the second half.

Lot of punditry saying that was a preferred result for City and I think that's crazy. Liverpool still a point back and in the event they wind up level on points it's Liverpool who win the league on goal differential. Both have rather favorable matches the rest of the season and 4 points clear for City after today would've likely sealed it.

5 minutes ago, damhausen said:

Lot of punditry saying that was a preferred result for City and I think that's crazy. Liverpool still a point back and in the event they wind up level on points it's Liverpool who win the league on goal differential. Both have rather favorable matches the rest of the season and 4 points clear for City after today would've likely sealed it.

It's favorable for City because they have a much easier run in. You kind at their run in, and they arguably win every single match. Liverpool have a much improved Spurs at home, and derbies against United and Everton. And while Liverpool's depth has improved, it's still nothing on City's.

1 hour ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

It's favorable for City because they have a much easier run in. You kind at their run in, and they arguably win every single match. Liverpool have a much improved Spurs at home, and derbies against United and Everton. And while Liverpool's depth has improved, it's still nothing on City's.

I'd rather play the "bigger teams". We play both derbies at home and Tottenham at home, we've got a good record at Anfield and you'd like to think it's easier to get yourself up for those games both from a players and a fans perspective. 

City have dropped points to Crystal Palace and Southampton on two occasions each so it is possible. And we don't need them to lose, it's just a case of match their results bar one week in which they draw and we win that week. 

The only thing you'd say is both teams have missed out on a big chance. City to pull further ahead and for us to swing the tide in our favour. Its the exact same scenario as it was this morning.

I feel like this is two dropped points for City and a point gained for us, that first half alone they shod have had it out of sight. I think it shows a bit of roughness and grit for us to claw a point. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DavidMarrio said:

I'd rather play the "bigger teams". We play both derbies at home and Tottenham at home, we've got a good record at Anfield and you'd like to think it's easier to get yourself up for those games both from a players and a fans perspective. 

City have dropped points to Crystal Palace and Southampton on two occasions each so it is possible. And we don't need them to lose, it's just a case of match their results bar one week in which they draw and we win that week.

I do think that's a key thing too tbh

There is more pressure on City than Liverpool

Occasionally, when I'm feeling silly, I imagine both City and Liverpool losing 3 of their last 7 games and Chelsea somehow romping to an unprecedented Results-Like-That-Against-Brentford-less winning streak to snatch it.

Of course, people have been put in strait jackets for less.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

Of course, people have been put in strait jackets for less.

Like saying if Liverpool had scored a goal every time they hit the post they'd have won the league in 2011?

• Like 1