Premier League 2021/22

Lineker

The Lampard signing was such a head scratcher for me. After such a disastrous term at Chelsea, he did nothing for months then got hired by another Premier League team, for no fathomable reason whatsoever other than he used to be a good footballer?

The team looked so promising in the first 5 or 6 games of the season, too. It's kind of astounding. 

7 hours ago, Colly said:

Is there any chance Everton just pull the trigger, sack Lampard and just hope Big Dunc can work some magic to get a couple of points? The fixture list looks horrific.

Please no, I'm looking forward to Frank taking them down and blaming it on previous regimes, the weather, a fixture build up and the team's inability to recover mentally from the death of Dot Cotton.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Benjamin said:

After such a disastrous term at [insert PL club here], he did nothing for months then got hired by another Premier League team, for no fathomable reason whatsoever other than he used to be a good footballer?

But this is the traditional way mid-to-lower-table teams have always appointed managers (and a lot of them didn't even need to be good footballers). :shifty:

Apparently Everton are holding an emergency meeting over Lampard's future. 

Big Dunc to the rescue! 

I really hope Frank Lampard's management career is just progressively shorter stints at different clubs.

3 hours ago, MadJack said:

I think the state of Everton is best summed up by the fact that they've spent so much on and bought so many attacking midfielders in recent years whilst keeping Seamus Coleman as their starting right back.

For me, it's definitely selling Digne because he and Rafa had some kind of row, only to sack Rafa a week later. Digne was clearly their best defender since he joined, and they're missing him greatly.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

For me, it's definitely selling Digne because he and Rafa had some kind of row, only to sack Rafa a week later. Digne was clearly their best defender since he joined, and they're missing him greatly.

It was actually three days between Digne's sale and Benitez being sacked.

• Haha 2

It's just laughable how you allow one of your best players to go. Then sack the manager who sold him. 

Like, literally just wait a few days and I'm sure Digne would have stayed. The other worse thing about all that is what was the point in Everton bringing in El Ghazi? The one position Everton actually have depth and it's like "here's another one!" 

Saying all that....Everton will get a point against Man Utd tomorrow. Calling it.