Premier League 2021/22

Lineker

I don't want to say I'm starting to have faith, but this is the most consistent I've seen us play since the Poch times, and Kane is a different player to the one who meandered through the first half of the season.

And there's a fourth, so I really should point out how well Son and Kulusevski are playing too.

• Like 1

I don’t think Everton letting Digne go was as bad as it seems. Clearly isn’t up for it when it gets tough. Subbed off “injured” for the third game on the bounce. Letting Targett leave on loan was pure arrogance on Gerrard’s part.

3 minutes ago, Cymbols said:

I don’t think Everton letting Digne go was as bad as it seems. Clearly isn’t up for it when it gets tough. Subbed off “injured” for the third game on the bounce. Letting Targett leave on loan was pure arrogance on Gerrard’s part.

Seeing this post just after reading Mykolenko's stats for the United game makes me feel a little better about football.

47 minutes ago, Cymbols said:

It looked to me like he properly hurt his shoulder in this game. He does get a lot of niggling injuries but I really miss him, he's a class player. Hopefully Mykolenko grows into the role for us.

My cousin from Norway is over at the moment so we watched Spurs/Villa together. He got into Tottemham because I was into Spurs and took him to a preseason game in Oslo one year, so that was a fun one. That felt like a peak opportunity for Spurs to be Spurs and fuck up a good situation so surviving that first half and pummeling Villa in the second was really heartening.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Cymbols said:

Us getting Targett as a result of the disaster at Everton was absolutely huge. For all the "Newcastle spent £90m" he's played more games and been more consistent than any of the others. Would love it to be made permanent in the summer.

We've been so bad defensively. Been caught so many times... I mean it doesn't help that we can hardly pass a ball either and have given it away so many times.

The fact it's 2-1 is the only saving grace at all. It's not dead and buried yet whilst it's just one goal but there's no chance we can think about a win, let alone a draw if there isn't significant improvement

• Like 1

You can just see how smoothly they play at the back that City are still better than Liverpool. We're fighting for everything, they're gliding.

That defensive fart by Trent for the second goal is so annoying, but what a finish from Jesus.

Very nice of Liverpool to have their worst performance in some time today! City are clearly exceptional, but Liverpool have made it so, so easy for them. Fabinho has had a nightmare, and Trent is yet again showing what a defensive liability he is in big matches.

• Like 1