2022 NFL Off-Season thread

The Buscher

He apparently paid the money back, but NOT the accumulated interest.

But what gets me is he no-showed speaking engagements he was paid for, then claimed he didn't know the money he was paid came from welfare.

7 hours ago, damhausen said:

Never, ever been more grateful to have an AFC team than I am right now.

I'm a bit surprised only in that, while I understand that the inclusion in commercials and films would lead to such a position I really thought he would try his hand at coaching so that he can add more Super Bowls to his resume and try to topple Belichick in that area. 

6 hours ago, Adam said:

Good grief we are never, ever going to get an NFL weekend without Tom Brady again, are we?

I hope he is Witten levels of bad at it

52 minutes ago, LL! said:

I'm a bit surprised only in that, while I understand that the inclusion in commercials and films would lead to such a position I really thought he would try his hand at coaching so that he can add more Super Bowls to his resume and try to topple Belichick in that area. 

I doubt he'd do coaching because of the potential it goes poorly, he's way too fragile for failure. He's getting paid something like $375 million by Fox to be an announcer too. 

9 hours ago, Maxx said:

I hope he is Witten levels of bad at it

Thats how I view this.  Like we don't even know if he'll be good at this, yet they are paying him a HUGE amount

I can't help but laugh at all the "leaks" coming out about the schedule ahead of their official release tomorrow.  I know that the NFL hype machine tries to make everything a big deal but having a primetime TV special to unveil a schedule is just needlessly excessive.

I'm old enough to remember when the schedule would just drop on a random afternoon, Mike and the Mad Dog would spend like 30 minutes going over the Giants and Jets schedules and then they'd move on to stuff that wasn't 5 months away.

• Like 1

I guess the thing is we've known for months who every team plays, the order you play them barely matters.  The good teams are going to find a way to win.  I guess the Giants have had schedules where they face a murderers row to start the year and you worry they'd immediately go 0-4, the team will quit and the season would be dead by October again...but I care far less this year since I can't imagine a scenario where the team is good.

Generally the leaks are right but from the Giants standpoint it seems a bit all over the place this year.  One leak account has the Giants opening in Minnesota, another has them opening in Washington and a guy on Reddit claims his friend works in the Titans marketing department and the Giants are opening there.

Not very fair to Brian Daboll to make him start his coaching career with a split-squad triple header.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, CM Busch said:

I guess the thing is we've known for months who every team plays, the order you play them barely matters.  The good teams are going to find a way to win.  I guess the Giants have had schedules where they face a murderers row to start the year and you worry they'd immediately go 0-4, the team will quit and the season would be dead by October again...but I care far less this year since I can't imagine a scenario where the team is good.

Generally the leaks are right but from the Giants standpoint it seems a bit all over the place this year.  One leak account has the Giants opening in Minnesota, another has them opening in Washington and a guy on Reddit claims his friend works in the Titans marketing department and the Giants are opening there.

Not very fair to Brian Daboll to make him start his coaching career with a split-squad triple header.

I always laugh every year when Lions fans freak out at how tough the schedule is each year.

Its always tough, we always suck. And like you said, if we're any good the schedule wont matter much.

• Like 1

• Like 1
  • Haha 3