Premier League 2022/23

Lineker

12 hours ago, Lineker said:

:D

Good riddance. 

Will keep saying I feel for him on a personal level, I was honestly hoping he'd step away in Jan because I don't think anyone should be focusing on work after what he's been through. 

That said, his rant was self-serving and narcissistic bullshit. He keeps preaching patience while showing no intent to sign a new contract. He has been sufficiently backed in in the transfer market over three windows (two of which have been in January) and ultimately, this season, he's shown himself incapable of adapting his tactics or improving his players. He called out his players as being selfish, but he's played the same players virtually every game all season and has only rotated due to injury. This is a man who relluctantly played Bryan Gil into some form and then dropped him immediately for an out-of-form Lucas Moura, who is also leaving at the end of the season. He wouldn't play Djed Spence, despite our right wing back problems to make a point, and then the club went and bought him a £45 mil wing back in Jan despite having only 6 months on his deal. 

He was great for us last year, but this year we've played dreadful football, he talks us down, he talks about us as if he's doing us a favour and accepts no culpability for his dreadful football and inability to turn games. 

Honestly, I think there's loads of criticism to throw at Levy, ENIC and some of the players, but I truly think this year's poor performances and current capitulation are broadly of Conte's making. 

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 5

Can we not make fun of people with speech impediments?

Wondered earlier if this would make Roy the oldest ever managerial appointment in the league. Turns out he’s now the first, second AND third oldest managerial appointment in the Premier League. Legend. 

• Like 4

I know Liverpool fans won't like to hear it, but I've always quite liked Hodgson. He did great work at Fulham, West Brom and Crystal Palace in the Premier League, as well as Malmo and the Swiss national team. I always found it refreshing to see an English manager working in several different countries and learning the languages.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

I know Liverpool fans won't like to hear it, but I've always quite liked Hodgson. He did great work at Fulham, West Brom and Crystal Palace in the Premier League, as well as Malmo and the Swiss national team. I always found it refreshing to see an English manager working in several different countries and learning the languages.

And maybe also Blackburn fans :shifty:

I could see myself having some kind of affection towards him if he hadn't been the most wrong of men at the worst possible of times in 2010. He just made a dismal time even more dismal.

Perfect manager to get you a decent midtable finish in England and he'd win you a league in Scandinavia in the 80s and 90s.

• Haha 1

I honestly hold no ill will towards Roy Hodgson. No one can blame him for taking the Liverpool job when it was offered to him. And honestly, better to have him as our manager then when everything was already at rock bottom than be an actual FSG hire, or when we were still really competitive under the assholes. 

I think time and Liverpool turning into what we've turned into under Klopp and FSG have made it incredibly easy for me to forgive, and honestly just laugh the whole thing off!

He's had an amazing career, was an excellent midtable club manager...but fucking hell Woy, just enjoy retirement!!!

• Like 1