Premier League 2022/23

Lineker

• Admin

Feb 15 (Reuters) - Iranian-American billionaire Jahm Najafi, chair of MSP Sports Capital, is set to launch a $3.75 billion takeover bid for English soccer club Tottenham Hotspur, the Financial Times reported on Wednesday, citing two people with direct knowledge of the plans. MSP Sports Capital is working with a consortium of investors to structure the bid, the report said, adding that it is weeks away from formally approaching Spurs owner Joe Lewis and the football club's chair Daniel Levy. 

4 minutes ago, Colly said:

It's almost as if that's what football teams do.

I mean obviously the point was its been a while since a team like City has had to worry about protecting a lead against us but sure.

4 minutes ago, Kaney said:

I mean obviously the point was its been a while since a team like City has had to worry about protecting a lead against us but sure.

Is it though? I've seen good teams come to Newcastle when we were shit and still do tactical fouls, slow motion throwins and the like. It's just a classic thing to moan about but then inevitably your own team does it the week after. Nothing will change until stop start clocks come in, but the idea that a Pep team is above that is laughable.

1 hour ago, Colly said:

Is it though? I've seen good teams come to Newcastle when we were shit and still do tactical fouls, slow motion throwins and the like. It's just a classic thing to moan about but then inevitably your own team does it the week after. Nothing will change until stop start clocks come in, but the idea that a Pep team is above that is laughable.

You're right, I should just expect it every game.

I went to a pub to watch this with an Arsenal fan I’m dating at the moment and she reacted so badly to me making fun (in a good-natured way!) of Arsenal fans for being lame that I have a feeling she might break it off with me.

Which is exactly what you’d expect from an Arsenal fan, tbf.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, METALMAN said:

I went to a pub to watch this with an Arsenal fan I’m dating at the moment and she reacted so badly to me making fun (in a good-natured way!) of Arsenal fans for being lame that I have a feeling she might break it off with me.

Which is exactly what you’d expect from an Arsenal fan, tbf.

But does she think playing defensive football like Croatia is basically cheating?