Premier League 2022/23

Lineker

1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

Well, there's no better time than now to play Liverpool.

We've got Arthur Melo back. Going to win every game left this season. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not dumb enough to go all in on the "refs are against us" conspiracy but that is absolutely fucking infuriating. I'd rather they said nothing than come out and go "oh I forgot whoopsie!". Holy fuck.

• Like 2

Feels like the Rice situation again, focusing on the wrong thing for ages, only this time they've knacked it at the end rather than spend ages getting the right decision.

If the Brighton one is on they've no excuse whatsoever, clear cut easy one to review.

The issue remains that they're trusting people like Lee Mason who I don't think can even unlock his phone to use technology. Dale Johnson from ESPN clarified there are techy people doing the video work, but if the ref is telling them to look at the wrong thing it all breaks down.

Nathan Jones sacked. Back to Boggo Road for him.

Both VAR from our game and the Brighton/Palace game should be sacked to be honest. 

It’s completely unacceptable for that sort of error to occur at the highest level of the professional game. Especially when the whole system was implemented to ensure the rules were correctly being applied on the field of play. It’s farcical. 

They absolutely love putting up the lines and looking for a little finger being offside, I see it every game. How can the guy running VAR simply “forget”, and not even once but over two(!) instances of offside in the passage of play immediately before a goal is scored. 

Firpo and Summerville for Struijk and Sinisterra. Our bench looks a lot weaker though, pretty much just Aaronson, Rutter and the young lad Joseph to bring on attacking wise

Looks like Shaw and Maguire at CB for the mouthbreathers? Nailed on them two turn into Beckenbauer and Cannavaro today

41 minutes ago, FLiam said:

Both VAR from our game and the Brighton/Palace game should be sacked to be honest. 

It’s completely unacceptable for that sort of error to occur at the highest level of the professional game. Especially when the whole system was implemented to ensure the rules were correctly being applied on the field of play. It’s farcical. 

They absolutely love putting up the lines and looking for a little finger being offside, I see it every game. How can the guy running VAR simply “forget”, and not even once but over two(!) instances of offside in the passage of play immediately before a goal is scored. 

I'm frankly stunned the line isn't automatic, to at least give anyone reviewing it a chance to be told there might be offsides at this part of a play's buildup.

43 minutes ago, damhausen said:

I'm frankly stunned the line isn't automatic, to at least give anyone reviewing it a chance to be told there might be offsides at this part of a play's buildup.

Yeah I agree - although as a referee watching the replay of a goal you should really be able to spot two potential offsides in a matter of seconds. Hell, I managed to notice.