Premier League 2022/23

Lineker

2 hours ago, stokeriño said:

Their charge from UEFA in 2020 got overturned by CAS. I'm mildly bemused as to why it took the PL so much longer to make similar charges.

Worth noting that these charges cannot be taken to CAS, and that City failed in the UK courts in their attempts to prevent publication of the fact that the Premier League was investigating them in November 2021.

This won't be good no matter the outcome, either they get away with it once and for all showing that FFP is bollocks or they get heavily punished and the top clubs will remain the top clubs forever. The only thing that could save football would be the formation and utter failure of a super league 

16 minutes ago, Matt said:

This won't be good no matter the outcome, either they get away with it once and for all showing that FFP is bollocks or they get heavily punished and the top clubs will remain the top clubs forever. The only thing that could save football would be the formation and utter failure of a super league 

But FFP is already both bollocks *and* designed to keep the same top clubs as the top clubs forever. Either option is moot.

With that said, I suspect FFP is loose enough that it's still possible to massively bankroll a club without cooking the books in City's apparently-flagrant manner.

18 minutes ago, Matt said:

My argument against this point is, City have blatantly been lying about their sponsorships for a long time. Made up companies with webcam models down as CEOs etc. 

Punishment to them won't mean anything. Look at when Juve got relegated for match fixing. Literally had a season of pissing Serie B then went back to winning titles. Don't think City would get relegated but even if some people left they're not gonna all bail and City crumble. 

I'm sure I've said it before but it's all week and good saying things along the lines of "they've got quality, they'll be alright" or "they were the better team, the results will come" but we're running out of games to get those results in.

Clearly they had some faith in him to have still recruited his guys in January so that's a bit naff for the next guy to not have the chance to recruit.

Anyway, it's been in the offing since the Championship days so looking forward to finally getting Big Sam in...

34 minutes ago, King Ellis said:

I'm sure I've said it before but it's all week and good saying things along the lines of "they've got quality, they'll be alright" or "they were the better team, the results will come" but we're running out of games to get those results in.

Clearly they had some faith in him to have still recruited his guys in January so that's a bit naff for the next guy to not have the chance to recruit.

Anyway, it's been in the offing since the Championship days so looking forward to finally getting Big Sam in...

Recruitment pretty much comes from Orta anyway, that's not saying managers don't have an input but Rutter, Wober and McKennie would have been targets if we'd sacked Jesse in October.

Sacking the manager less than a week after the transfer window shuts though, why do clubs keep doing that.

Get rid of them a month earlier and try to actually set your new manager up well from the start. Not that the Leeds squad is bad because it isn't, but much like with Aubameyang and Tuchel, how are some of those new players like McKennie and Wober feel now?

• Like 1

Tyler Adams from 25 yards, Gnonto with a late second after dribbling from inside our own half. Saw it in a dream, nailed on I reckon.

Sunday's results TBC but I reckon we'll probably win that too, minimum 5-0 tbf tbh imo

Now, where did I leave my meds?

• Haha 2

Andoni Iraola is apparently the favorite for the job. He's done pretty well at Rayo Vallecano. Raul apparently turned them down already. Carlos Coberan opted to stay at West Brom too.

Definitely not going for a "just keep us up" manager apparently 

5 hours ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

Andoni Iraola is apparently the favorite for the job. He's done pretty well at Rayo Vallecano. Raul apparently turned them down already. Carlos Coberan opted to stay at West Brom too.

Definitely not going for a "just keep us up" manager apparently 

We don't need a "just keep us up manager", the players we've got are good enough to comfortably keep us up if they're allowed to use more than 40% of the width of the pitch at any given time

• Like 1