Premier League 2022/23

Lineker

1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

BBC is reporting chants about the Munich disaster from Leeds fans.

Not to be that person but they're always radio silent about the weekly Hillsborough chants that we have to endure...

2 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

Not to be that person but they're always radio silent about the weekly Hillsborough chants that we have to endure...

I wasn't going to say anything but I've seen numerous Leeds fans say the Istanbul chants came first, kind of irrelevant mind but that's not how it's been reported.

2 hours ago, Baddar said:

One of our worst performances under Ten Hag that. Didn't create much, had Maguire trying to help Leeds out at every opportunity. 

But a year ago we'd have drawn or lost that.

How's Maguire been since the World Cup? It seems like the media was very much trying to portray him as "see? he's not that bad" after a fairly average performance for England in Qatar.

Mostly fine? I guess. He hasn't made many appearances and definitely isn't first choice any more.

If we're chucking him on whilst defending a lead, he has his uses. But he's not the guy you want on the ball more than any other player - and I haven't seen the numbers but it felt like he had it most today, and it was exhausting to watch.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Adam said:

Apparently Lee Mason didn't even use the offside guidelines for that VAR cock up in the Arsenal game.

And John Brooks, who missed a player in the Brighton game, is in charge of VAR for tonight's Merseyside derby. Super.

I’m not one for conspiracy theories but there is definitely something amiss when the VAR and his assistant “forget” to add the offside lines that appear in every single game, not even once but twice. Well I say twice, I don’t think they even checked the second incident. I can’t get my head around them forgetting the simplest part of the job.

You’re checking for offside, if it looks tight - you have the technology to add these lines that help you making the decision, hence VAR existing in the first place.