NFL 2022

Lineker

1 hour ago, Jacob deBusch said:

There might be as many as three one and done coaches this year.  Feels really difficult to justify McDaniels and Hackett sticking around, they are next level awful.

And then of course there's Lovie Smith who was being set up to fail from the jump.  I'm sure the Texans will try to hire McCown again now that the Colts hired Saturday and let them be the one to set the precedence that experience isn't needed.

Yeah, Irsay should get a gift basket from the Texans for creating that precedent.

I think McDaniels gets another year. I can't envision Denver risking wasting another year with Can't Hackett around though. They're all but eliminated already in the first year of a franchise-crippling QB contract. Not great.

I just want to say that its absolute bullshit that Saturday got a head coaching job before Bieniemy and Leftwich did. Especially Bieniemy.

If the Broncos do not fire Hackett, it'll be because they want to intentionally tank. And I don't see them doing that.

*edited to add* I agree with @damhausen regarding McDaniels.

Edited by GhostMachine

38 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

I just want to say that its absolute bullshit that Saturday got a head coaching job before Bieniemy and Leftwich did. Especially Bieniemy.

Leftwich basically had a HC job given to him but was smart about it, asked for a ton of control over the team because of how bad a GM Baalke is, and the Jags more or less backed off. That doesn't mean the Jags shouldn't have thrown Baalke into the St Johns River, but at least there was a realistic job offer. Bieniemy is a farce at this point, every excuse in the book being thrown out for why teams don't want to hire him. At a point you give a shot to the guy who has helped oversee the most dynamic offense in the entire league for 5 years running.

And if you think Bieniemy not having a job looks bad now - wait until a team runs to hire Mike Kafka this offseason for accomplishing the bare minimum task of "Make Daniel Jones not look like ass".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Giants' scheme is a pretty nice blend of Daboll's Buffalo scheme mixed with some KC influence.  Daboll and Kafka make for a nice team and it's a testament they've been able to win as many games as they have with these players.  But man alive, hiring Kafka off of this alone would be unjustifiable.

Tough not to look at how Tua and Hurts look with actual weapons in place and dream of what it could look like if the Giants can ever get an actual WR who doesn't immediately bust.  Really in today's NFL, WR might've moved to the #2 most important position behind a QB.

The last #1 overall WR in the draft was Keyshawn in 1996.  Think there's a very legit chance Marvin Jr. could be the next one in 2024.

The Ravens have seemed to do okay without a star WR. But everyone agrees with one it would just open up the offense to an incredible degree. Andrews is generational but he also is going to line up as a TE and slightly be limited in where you can send him. Having a freakish athlete who can take a risky throw and turn it into a catch matters so much against current defensive scheming. And right now nobody has to worry about the WRs (or the play design when it comes to pass routes) when they play Baltimore and it constantly forces Lamar to just be better than the defense. And he is, often.

But then you look at how Allen made the leap once he got Diggs, Hurts once he got Brown, and Tua once he got Hill and just know that a great WR can mask a lot of offensive limitations if you have them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

Imagine losing your undefeated season to the Washington Commanders

Meh...I'm fine with it.  We didn't play well at all in the first half

On 13/11/2022 at 16:30, Jacob deBusch said:

Ugly win but 7-2 is 7-2.

Lions next week will be a tough one.  Lions can put up points.

I think this game is winnable for us. I think they all have been, but obviously I'm not counting on anything. But I'd be very happy to sneak one in before Buffalo beats our ass on Thanksgiving. 

Watch fucking Golladay suddenly come alive for the Giants. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, VerbalUce said:

Wouldn’t worry about that.  He’s already been surpassed on the depth chart by some guy named Isaiah Hodgins who they claimed off waivers from the Bills last week.

Dude is gonna be on the healthy inactive list pretty soon.

3 hours ago, VerbalUce said:

I think this game is winnable for us. I think they all have been, but obviously I'm not counting on anything. But I'd be very happy to sneak one in before Buffalo beats our ass on Thanksgiving. 

Please just take him back with you on Sunday. 

Cupp to IR for at least 4 weeks.  Rams to years long Super Bowl hangover.   I won't be surprised to see Stafford shut down for the year so he can get his elbow fixed.

• Like 1

Supposedly McVay has promised the front office that he will be sticking it out with the core players (Stafford, Kupp, Donald, Ramsey).  Based on their contracts that would figure he's probably there for at least two more seasons.  Most of those deals are either up then, or they become easier to cut.

Either way, he'll be retired by 40 and won't have to be there when they fully have to deal with the reckoning of years of "fuck them picks".