2023 NFL Off-Season thread

Lineker

8 hours ago, damhausen said:

Did you miss the part where they're alleging he was drugged and robbed?

They can allege all they want. The basis for that is that an expensive watch was stolen from him earlier, but I don't see how they can prove that theory. He could have been on ketamine - with or without his family's knowledge - for various reasons. Ketamine is used for both pain and depression, but its also an anasthetic. 

The one thing that I believe helps their case is that the driver who hit him refused to give a blood sample. 

What I want to know is what will happen with the part of the suit against the rental agency. They're alleging the vehicle wasn't properly maintained and had mechanical issues that caused it to run out of gas. If mechnical failure can't be proven, the defense can easily argue that Haskins just didn't refuel the vehicle.

Has anything been said about whether Haskins had a phone with him (on his body or in the car) or not?

YouTube unveils NFL Sunday Ticket pricing details; no single-game, team options

After $100 presale discounts expire, YouTube TV will charge $349 for Sunday Ticket and $389 with RedZone; the cost on primetime channels once the presale discount ends are $449, and $489 with RedZone. Before June 6, the prices are $249 and $349 for the package on YouTube TV and Primetime Channels, and $50 more with RedZone.

Looks like I'll still ride the seven seas for RedZone

No real surprise there.  Running backs in particular rarely ever sign the tag before training camp.

He was offered a 3-year deal at $12 million per year late last season which to me felt generous, and he turned it down anyway.  Feels his agent misread the market as the league finally smartened up and realized RBs simply aren't worth top dollar.

He can play on the tag and go bet on himself again next offseason, I suspect he won't like what he sees.

Schefter believes the Panthers will be taking Bryce Young with the #1 pick, so much so that he called Young's upcoming visit with the Texans a "waste of time".  Panthers will be hosting Stroud next week but he thinks it's simply due diligence and that Young is the guy.

Moreover he's not convinced the Texans are all that sold on Stroud or the other QBs, leaving them with the choice of either trading the #2 pick or drafting Will Anderson.

I'd imagine over the next week the Cardinals will find a trade partner for the #3 pick and it'll be one of those deals where it's contingent on Anderson going #2, so it won't be sent to the league office until the pick is actually in.

• Like 1

This is a sad day for the other NFC East teams.  Snyder was a scumbag who definitely needed to be gone, but I will miss his absolute incompetence. 

Speaking of incompetence, big giant LOL if the Texans won a meaningless game to lose the #1 overall pick, and don't even take a QB in the first.  It will be even funnier when they trade for Trey Lance.

• Like 1

Honestly was what I was expecting to happen for Philly. They get a good QB locked up but now it comes trying to manage drafting the rest to try to do good. Can’t wait to see Philly fans being mad if they don’t reach whatever arbitrary metric they feel is guaranteed with Hurts secured

Edited by RoHitman Reigns