2023 NFL Off-Season thread

Lineker

16 hours ago, DYSI said:

Eagles cut CB Darius Slay.

That's what happens when you let a washed Kenny Golladay score a TD on you.

Edit: Somehow C&P'd the entirely wrong tweets, but long story short, Slay is back

That's huge for Cincy. Their O-line was actually a lot better last year until it got ravaged with injuries, but it cost them their season. Giving Burrow an elite LT is pretty big.

Really hope we keep Slay. There's cap room to be done, but I'll be thrilled if it works out!

• Like 1

As the Packers and Jets reportedly have new disagreements on trade compensation it's hilarious to hear WFAN callers chest thump claiming the Packers have no leverage at all.

Feels like the total opposite to me.

Yeah the Packers' leverage was hurt in the sense that there is only one suitor now.  But what's the alternative?  They refuse to budge, Rodgers retires.  Yeah the fans will be pissed off that they got nothing for him and "disrespected a legend" but end of the day the result is Jordan Love starting week 1, which the fans were already prepared for.

The Jets are now in a situation where if they don't pull off this trade, they went from Aaron Rodgers to Zach Wilson.  The fanbase will go completely apocalyptic if that happens especially when the guy publicly says he wants to go there.  Seems to me they have far more incentive to ultimately cave to the demands.

• Haha 2

Aaron Rodgers is a petty bitch, if the Packers don't give him what he wants he will 100% not retire and fuck their cap situation.  Everything he said yesterday suggested that he decided to keep playing because of how the Packers operated while he was in his stupid darkness retreat.

• Like 1

The Packers' cap situation was fucked this year whether he was there or not.  They were going to have a minimum of $40 million in dead money this year regardless of the resolution.

I'd think both sides would just want to get a deal done and get it over with so everyone can move on with their lives, but it would be hilarious if both teams just try to stare each other down until the draft.