2023 NFL Off-Season thread

Lineker

I like the Bobby Okereke add for the Giants but I do think 4 years, $40 million might've been an overpay when you had TJ Edwards go for 3 years, $19.5 million and David Long for 2 years, $11 million.  All three guys seems to be of similar quality to me.  But regardless, the Giants had a massive, glaring need at ILB so I'm glad they got their guy.

Also like that they signed up Rakeem Nunez-Roches, he's a decent run stuffer depth piece.  Last year, without fail, whenever they finally gave Dexter Lawrence a breather the other team would almost instantly rip off a 20+ yard run.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Justin Buschlander said:

I like the Bobby Okereke add for the Giants but I do think 4 years, $40 million might've been an overpay when you had TJ Edwards go for 3 years, $19.5 million and David Long for 2 years, $11 million.  All three guys seems to be of similar quality to me.  But regardless, the Giants had a massive, glaring need at ILB so I'm glad they got their guy.

Also like that they signed up Rakeem Nunez-Roches, he's a decent run stuffer depth piece.  Last year, without fail, whenever they finally gave Dexter Lawrence a breather the other team would almost instantly rip off a 20+ yard run.

They definitely overpaid their QB, so why should they stop overpaying now?

• Haha 1

I like that move.  Waller's dealt with some injuries the last two years so there's some risk there, but his contract contains no guaranteed money after 2023 and the Giants had 11 picks in the draft this year.  I'd rather go this route than pay one of the mediocre WRs in this free agent class.

• Like 1

I'll reserve judgement until I see what/who Dallas is trading for him. 

*edit* A fifth round compensatory pick? Not a bad deal.....so Jerry must've not had anything to do with it.

Edited by GhostMachine

• Admin
2 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

I'll reserve judgement until I see what/who Dallas is trading for him. 

6 hours ago, Justin Buschlander said:

Jets are working to sign Allen Lazard to reunite him with Nathaniel Hackett.  Can't imagine any other reason they'd want him.  Nope not at all.

4 years, $44m!