2023 NFL Off-Season thread

Lineker

Josh Jacobs was seen in the airport in the waiting area for a flight leaving Vegas.  So obviously he's not reporting to camp tomorrow and he's told people close to him he won't be returning "anytime soon".

Much like with Saquon there's little reason for him to take a snap before Week 1.  I doubt either guy maintains a holdout into the regular season but especially not Jacobs as he has significantly lower career earnings than Saquon.

Most of the leagues' top running backs had a Zoom call over the weekend to discuss strategies to combat the NFL deprioritizing the position.  Still not really sure what they can do short of have the union try to fight for reclassification, maybe try to make it so RB/WR are just grouped together as offensive skill players so they can carry the same franchise tag value.

27 minutes ago, I Think You Should Busch said:

Josh Jacobs was seen in the airport in the waiting area for a flight leaving Vegas.  So obviously he's not reporting to camp tomorrow and he's told people close to him he won't be returning "anytime soon".

Much like with Saquon there's little reason for him to take a snap before Week 1.  I doubt either guy maintains a holdout into the regular season but especially not Jacobs as he has significantly lower career earnings than Saquon.

Most of the leagues' top running backs had a Zoom call over the weekend to discuss strategies to combat the NFL deprioritizing the position.  Still not really sure what they can do short of have the union try to fight for reclassification, maybe try to make it so RB/WR are just grouped together as offensive skill players so they can carry the same franchise tag value.

That would likely depress the WR earnings. NIL will hopefully mitigate some of this for big school RBs who can cash in while in college, but that's still pennies compared to what other offensive position superstars make in the NFL.

I maintained he'd return just before week 1 but I assumed he'd sign a tag.  As it is this new deal gives him slightly more.

The bigger surprise to me is they didn't attach a no-tag clause for next year.  So if Barkley stays healthy and productive there's no reason they can't just dance this dance again next year.

5 hours ago, damhausen said:

And next up Joe Burrow gets a few million more.

Herbert is the 3rd QB this offseason to become the highest paid QB ever

2 hours ago, Lineker said:

As a Breece Hall dynasty owner I was realistically expecting the possibility that it would take until midseason for him to be back to full strength and getting a full workload.

Of course, if Dalvin shows up and cooks then this could complicate things a bit.

The weather is nicer in Miami, Dalvin.