2023 NFL Off-Season thread

Lineker

NFL owners voted 24-8 in favor of flex scheduling for Thursday Night Football.  The caveat is that games flexed into Thursdays require 28 days notice.

Brutal for players and even worse for fans.  Imagine if a Vegas home game gets flexed?  Tons of out of town fans having to re-arrange all of their travel.

• Sad 1

In a one year trial basis the NFL owners approved the following rule change

All touchbacks and fair catches shall come out to the 25 yard line. 
 - - - - - - - - - -

The Broncos have officially told kicker Brandon McManus that he shall be released. He is the last remaining player from their last Super Bowl team. 

Edited by RoHitman Reigns
  • Sad 2

36 minutes ago, I Think You Should Busch said:

NFL owners voted 24-8 in favor of flex scheduling for Thursday Night Football.  The caveat is that games flexed into Thursdays require 28 days notice.

Brutal for players and even worse for fans.  Imagine if a Vegas home game gets flexed?  Tons of out of town fans having to re-arrange all of their travel.

I can't envision a single game being flexed. The amount of notice needed means outside of the very last few weeks you'll have at least one team playing for something. This basically exists in case a week 16 TNF matchup features two 3-11 teams on their 3rd string QBs.

• Thanks 1

Today in Jetsworld....

Panic sets in as Rodgers picks up a leg injury but they ARE working out a new punter...Matt Araiza. 

Another quiet day!

54 minutes ago, Krabby said:

Today in Jetsworld....

Panic sets in as Rodgers picks up a leg injury but they ARE working out a new punter...Matt Araiza. 

Another quiet day!

Why are they using Rodgers to punt? That's the problem right there. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Krabby said:

Today in Jetsworld....

Another quiet day!

No panic. Wilson looked good. >_>

• Haha 1

On 23/05/2023 at 11:45, RoHitman Reigns said:

In a one year trial basis the NFL owners approved the following rule change

All touchbacks and fair catches shall come out to the 25 yard line. 

I'd rather they adopt the CFL's "Get the ball out of the end zone, or its worth 1 point to the other team" rule.

• Like 1

• Haha 2

Isaiah Rodgers Sr, currently penciled in as a starting CB for the Colts, is being investigated by the NFL for gambling on NFL games, including Colts games.

Moreover most of his wagers were said to be in the $25-$50 range, so he's risked torpedoing his deal for peanuts.

10 hours ago, I Think You Should Busch said:

Isaiah Rodgers Sr, currently penciled in as a starting CB for the Colts, is being investigated by the NFL for gambling on NFL games, including Colts games.

Moreover most of his wagers were said to be in the $25-$50 range, so he's risked torpedoing his deal for peanuts.

I really have a feeling, as the NFL investigates gambling, they are going to find a LOT of players gamble.

Probably not on their own teams mind you, but they will find a troubling number of players are gambling

• Haha 2